Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best way to send Xmass prezzies to uk

The best way to send Xmass prezzies to uk

Old Oct 19th 2008, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of
Default The best way to send Xmass prezzies to uk

Hi all, its our first christmas in Oz and just wondered how you all send prezzies to the uk was thinking of putting them all in one box and sending them to one address to be distributed from there, as sending them all individually from the post office would cost loads.
Any help would be much appreciated
Lee
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:07 am
Jelly-Belly, tbh

FluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of lightFluffieFaerie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: The best way to send Xmass prezzies to uk

Hey, we sent all our pressies to my parents who will distribute them for us. We only sent to my neices and nephews and kept the box under 2kg to keep the costs down but I've read on here that if you've got more than that it is often cheaper to break them down into smaller packages. Auspost website has a postage calculator which I've found invaluable.

I gotta say though, if you're planning on sending via the cheaper surface mail then the last post date guaranteed for xmas to UK was to leave the country on 29 September - we only just caught it in time.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:27 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Much cheaper alternative is to send vouchers, I used voucherexpress.co.uk, they will send a voucher for any store, plus also places like Chessington etc, and will include a gift card. I found that the cost of the postage and having to send smallish light gifts made it hard to buy decent pressies, and this way people could choose what they like.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:15 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee&Jade
Hi all, its our first christmas in Oz and just wondered how you all send prezzies to the uk was thinking of putting them all in one box and sending them to one address to be distributed from there, as sending them all individually from the post office would cost loads.
Any help would be much appreciated
Lee
Buy on-line in the UK and have them deliver, usually free!
Old Oct 19th 2008, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Buy on-line in the UK and have them deliver, usually free!
Even better - I have my own webshop that you can set up for free, but you'll need to use a relatives UK adress until they go International at end of year.

www.wages4shopping.com click on find out more. You access ALL the high street shops via your own webshop and get paid to shop online!!!

That way you can buy toys and gifts from UK shops to be delivered to UK adresses (maybe to one address who doesnt mind distributing them for you) yet you also make money on it as you will get paid a comission by the shop. Kinda like an advertising fee. This can be paid into a paypal account.

Shops on it are Toysrus, ELC, Woolworths, M&S, Next, Debenhams, ebay, Amazon, and over 1400 more. Worth a look andyway.