Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best way to sell car ?

Best way to sell car ?

Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:27 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all
Default Best way to sell car ?

Looking for some advise.........Got a nice honda civic /98 whats the best/quickest way of selling it ?
Got 3 wks to do it "max".......any idea's ?

all the best plum
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all
Default Re: Best way to sell car ?

Don't try the local paper or Autotrader. All you get is stupid people from other car mags trying to sell it for you.

We have fantastic Mitsubushi Galant only 2 years old that cost us £23,000. I can't get £10,000 for it so are seriously considering taking it with us now. Its top of the range model full Air con, leather interior etc etc etc.

I'd try local freeads or maybe a local garage would take it from you, only trouble is they don't offer very good money. Stick for sale signs in the back windows. Bit of free advertising never hurt, or you could try local car boot sale. How about Ebay, you can sell just about anything on there. You can put a reserve on it so you get what you want or don't sell it.

Best of luck, let me know if you sell it - I can try it.

Jo
Old Jul 26th 2004, 4:51 pm

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Thanks jo.......quickly coming to the same conclusion , tried the local garages and they want to give peanuts , and have tried auto trader before and agree with you on that one.

Thinking it may come down to local ads , and maybe give ebay a try !
Anyone have any info on doing that , and how did it work out?

all the best plum
Old Jul 26th 2004, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant futureJimbo9 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Best way to sell car ?

Originally posted by the plumber
Looking for some advise.........Got a nice honda civic /98 whats the best/quickest way of selling it ?
Got 3 wks to do it "max".......any idea's ?

all the best plum

quickest way for a decent price? use http://www.ebaymotors.co.uk/

an ex-coleague of mine sold his kanckered old SLK through them and got £1500 more than the best of the dealers...... but

never buy a car through them!!!!!
Old Jul 26th 2004, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Teddybex is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by the plumber
Thinking it may come down to local ads , and maybe give ebay a try !
Anyone have any info on doing that , and how did it work out?

all the best plum
Hi Plum
We sold our laguna on ebay a couple of years ago and got a good price. The bloke who won the auction came to collect it and paid cash My sister-in-law has just bought a little Cinquecento off there too and she loves it to bits, it was a real bargain!! They even delivered it for her.
I think ebay is a good idea if you're looking for a quick sale and you can put a reserve on to make sure you get the price you're after.
Good Luck
Old Jul 26th 2004, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Al H is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got to add to agree with the comments about autotrader/local papers, although we have sold cars through both of them beofre, but only at seriously reduced prices. Good luck - I am certainly not looking forward to selling ours when we have to - I am bound to get stung again...

Alastair
Old Jul 27th 2004, 7:44 am

ebay .......it is then.....

plum