Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best way forward?

best way forward?

Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:38 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default best way forward?

hi everyone

I was just thinking about how the lovely egg and I will arrange accommodation for when we arrive on the sunshine coast? okay, okay, I know it is only january and we are not gonna be there until june, but has anyone got any advice about any companies or agencies who let properties?

I don't know really what to look for
do people generally sort out short term rentals before going and then look for a long term rental, holiday apartments are another choice - I bet thats a bit expensive though
egg and I are willing to cut on the cost until we have had a gander around the different areas.
any advice would be great
bec
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Smile Re: best way forward?

Short term lease (Holiday apartment) is a very good idea for your initial arrival in Australia as all holiday appartments come completely furnished with all kitchen utensils supplied. In june you will be able to pick up some bargains as this is our winter and therefore not the busy season.

Whilst staying in the apartment, you will be able to look around the areas you may wish to settle in and get a feel for that area. This will give you a better idea than just surfing through real estate "glamour" over the internet. The internet will not show you the graffiti or car wrecks parked on the front of peoples houses.

Good luck with the move, I wish you well.

Barney
Old Jan 15th 2008, 5:07 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: best way forward?

thanks pow148

i will have a scout around.
I have read about the internet being somewhat misleading, but are you just pulling my leg about the other
bec
Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by egghead4
hi everyone

I was just thinking about how the lovely egg and I will arrange accommodation for when we arrive on the sunshine coast? okay, okay, I know it is only january and we are not gonna be there until june, but has anyone got any advice about any companies or agencies who let properties?

I don't know really what to look for
do people generally sort out short term rentals before going and then look for a long term rental, holiday apartments are another choice - I bet thats a bit expensive though
egg and I are willing to cut on the cost until we have had a gander around the different areas.
any advice would be great
bec
Hi Bec

We have starting looking aswell, the prices have really gone up since this time last year, looks like we will be buying a tent.

Have you booked your flights yet? We are looking at the 2nd week in June, still not got visa yet, we are in the august cue so might not get it till May

Julie
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:57 pm
egghead4+becky

Originally Posted by minibelle
Hi Bec

We have starting looking aswell, the prices have really gone up since this time last year, looks like we will be buying a tent.

Have you booked your flights yet? We are looking at the 2nd week in June, still not got visa yet, we are in the august cue so might not get it till May

Julie
hi julie

no we havent booked flights yet but chris is looking. we are unsure what way we want to do it to be honest, we quite fancy going to usa beforehand, but we'll see. chris was looking at emirates the other night. god, i didnt even think about booking flights, how bloody awful is that, it just goes to show that my head is in the clouds at the moment. we just really want to sell the house:curse::curse:
you never know, we could be heading over at the same time
I just keep looking around my house and thinking how the f*** am i gonna get rid of all this stuff
keep us updated with your progress
bec
Old Jan 17th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

suesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of lightsuesk is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Bec

Know that feeling well (regarding the house and contents)

R u coming to the meet week sunday?

Suexx