Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Old May 10th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all
Default Re: Best way to fly from Ireland to Adelaide?

Originally Posted by Lettik
Hi Tom & Nikki: we probably will move around November.House is sold. I'm sure it'll be fine when we geet there.Can do without working for a while.But both of us are in our early 40's so a bit of a concern!!! mind you, you always need social workers (himself) and fitness instructors/masage therapists (myself) so fingers crossed.......

Daughter is 14 going to go into 2nd year in September. School system is end of January to December I believe.

We've been looking at south suburbs also.But will rent somewhere initially and check out wheres good I guess.
Hi, just read your post,
At the moment we live in Aberfoyle park ( soon to move to sydney). If you are thinking of the south and your daughter will still be 14 in January, then after much school searching my self, I would highly recommend, Marymount girls college. It is in Hove, ( next to brighton ) It is a catholic private school, but not to religious so any religion can attend. Its a small girls school , with small classes and a great education, ( in comparisment my daughter was in a Private grammar school in the uk) and it compares well.
your daughter would be in the last yr of the school Yr 9 starting in the January. Which again makes it easy to settle, Then the following yr, she would go on to there upper school secrete Hart just down the rd, which then is a mix school from yr 10-yr12, Which has great facilities.
There are busses all over the south from the school so easy access.
Good Luck...
Old May 10th 2008, 11:14 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=milly123;upper school secrete Hart just down the rd, which then is a mix school from yr 10-yr12, Which has great facilities.
There are busses all over the south from the school so easy access.
Good Luck...[/QUOTE]

I think you will find that school is Sacred Heart...........mm
Old May 11th 2008, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

....I know Wendy lives up North East (me thinks)
I'm North (not too much to the east )
Old May 11th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

Lettik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Milly123, once we get settled in an area we'll check out the schools in the catchment area.

Tell me anyone: for immigrants are we entitled to the school/health care systems or do we need to go private for both?
Old May 19th 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

I lettik rach25
just thought i'd see how you all getting on havent been on in a wee while apart from cleaning and chucking out tons of rubbish for trying to get the house on the market and trying to organise my mums 60th. It seems to be going to slow wish we had put the house up before now would love to just buy tickets and go hope yous keeping well nikki
Old May 20th 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Hey Shanaghy, doing fine thanks. Piecing together bits of information for the big move! Houses are slow to move alright aren't they. Do you have to wait for yours to sell before going?
Old May 27th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Shanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really niceShanaghy is just really nice

Hey Shanaghy, doing fine thanks. Piecing together bits of information for the big move! Houses are slow to move alright aren't they. Do you have to wait for yours to sell before going?
Hi Lettik
how are you sorry hav'nt got back to you before now I hav'nt been on that much lately clearing up after the painter at this point just constantly smell of bleach and other cleaning products. On the up shot it is now ready to go up for sale and yes we can't go anywhere until it does sell so we could be here for a right while yet
nikki x
Old May 28th 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
I lettik rach25
just thought i'd see how you all getting on havent been on in a wee while apart from cleaning and chucking out tons of rubbish for trying to get the house on the market and trying to organise my mums 60th. It seems to be going to slow wish we had put the house up before now would love to just buy tickets and go hope yous keeping well nikki
Hi Nikki
sounds like you've got lots going on!! Hopefully you'll get a buyer soon. have you had your mum's party yet, is it a surprise? Altho we don't have a house to sell I do know how you feel, we are constantly cleaning the house as landlord wants to find a new tenant for Sept!!
I've got some boxes arriving from shipping company today so need to sort out the junk. We're only taking a few things photos and dvds etc.
It'll not be too much longer before you get to buy your tickets!! take care xo
Old Jun 9th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rach25
Hi Nikki
sounds like you've got lots going on!! Hopefully you'll get a buyer soon. have you had your mum's party yet, is it a surprise? Altho we don't have a house to sell I do know how you feel, we are constantly cleaning the house as landlord wants to find a new tenant for Sept!!
I've got some boxes arriving from shipping company today so need to sort out the junk. We're only taking a few things photos and dvds etc.
It'll not be too much longer before you get to buy your tickets!! take care xo
hi rach
how you keeping been flat out on this end how about you two. sorry it took so long to reply. yes got my mums party over and done with we had a great nite all her brothers came home to see her she was well suprised...did you get all your boxes sent yet its not long for you now. wish we were going that soon well not much more news from us we thinking of going over in oct and validating if house still not sold. so will at least get to see where we are moving to keep us posted on how you getting on please.
take care x
nikki
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Hi girls (and fellas to if ye are on), I've not been on for a while. Been up the walls with work and getting quotes from removal people. Aaltonen were very good I have to say. A guy came out and did an evaluation of our stuff. When he came though, I gave him a list of stuff we weren't taking, but some of them I want to now....wondering if I can keep my mouth shut and the guys loading won't notice!! he took a list of every item to be loaded, so not sure if I have to leave the other stuff. You think a 20ft container is huge, but its not really

We booked our one way tickets to Adelaide for 24th November!!

How's it all going for you?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hi girls (and fellas to if ye are on), I've not been on for a while. Been up the walls with work and getting quotes from removal people. Aaltonen were very good I have to say. A guy came out and did an evaluation of our stuff. When he came though, I gave him a list of stuff we weren't taking, but some of them I want to now....wondering if I can keep my mouth shut and the guys loading won't notice!! he took a list of every item to be loaded, so not sure if I have to leave the other stuff. You think a 20ft container is huge, but its not really

Hi folks
Not been on this tread too much lately ,lettik congrats on booking tickets we also have ours booked fly out on 26th sept have funished rental booked for four weeks to give us a little time to get organised.We took our house of the market and decided to rent it out ,no houses were selling round here and if we were to wait until it was sold before we went it could have been next year before we got there.Rach hows things going for you not long now either.
Take care chat u soon.
Shanaghys. x
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne via Belfast, Adelaide on 10th Sept!!
Rach25 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Shanaghy
Hi folks
Not been on this tread too much lately ,lettik congrats on booking tickets we also have ours booked fly out on 26th sept have funished rental booked for four weeks to give us a little time to get organised.We took our house of the market and decided to rent it out ,no houses were selling round here and if we were to wait until it was sold before we went it could have been next year before we got there.Rach hows things going for you not long now either.
Take care chat u soon.
Shanaghys. x

Hello everyone, how ru's?
Glad your all booked and making progress to get to Adelaide. We sent 4boxes off, could easily have sent 10 more!! Just gonna have to be ruthless packing the suitcases. We leave in 6weeks, arrive 12th september, can't wait!!
Won't be long before we meet up for a beer or 2 in Adelaide!!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Wizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shanaghys we are also going to Adelaide in October, we are flying to Frankfurt, then Singapore and are stopping off in Singapore for a few days, and then onto Adelaide. We have two children age 6 and 2. We had our house up for sale last year, but no luck, so are too going to rent our house out.

Last edited by Wizzy; Jul 30th 2008 at 7:22 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Wizzy
Hi Shanaghys we are also going to Adelaide in October, we are flying to Frankfurt, then Singapore and are stopping off in Singapore for a few days, and then onto Adelaide. We have two children age 6 and 2. We had our house up for sale last year, but no luck, so are too going to rent our house out.
Hi Wizzy
Welcome to the thread ,great to see more people heading for Adelaide,
we will be there at the end of september cant wait wish it was next week,are you flying from Dublin.

Hi Rach
Your soo lucky only a few weeks for you keep the beer cool for us we will all have to meet up soon after we arrive.Chat to u soon.

Tom and Nikki
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Wizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Shanaghy, yes we are in Dublin, and are flying from Dublin to Frankfurt, then Singapore and are spending a few days in Singapore then onto Adelaide. Are you applying for the OAA? We have applied, and hope to get it, we will be there first week of Oct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.