Reload this Page >

best travel agents/airlines

best travel agents/airlines

Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:46 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: best travel agents/airlines

www.trailfinders.co.uk

£300 cheaper for flights to Perth than quoted by all the major airlines.

Do it.

Originally Posted by pootle26
has anyone got any recommendations as to which company to book with, or did you book direct with the airline ???

we are flying in to perth

any help most welcome

pootle
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Malaysia Airlines have specials currently and you can get them from Quest, Travelbag, Trailfinders etc, etc. Perth is £429 return incl taxes, Sydney/Melbourne about £70 higher. Flights from LHR and MAN only.

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2005, 12:42 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

We are flying out on a "buy one get one half price" deal with QANTAS that was on offer end of last year for the QANTAS birthday thing. We will try and cash in the unused portion of ticket in Oz, as it was much much cheaper to purchase a return ticket, than the one way migration fair.

I have to admit I like flying QANTAS... hate BA. Air NZ are nice too.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brissiegirl
We are flying out on a "buy one get one half price" deal with QANTAS that was on offer end of last year for the QANTAS birthday thing. We will try and cash in the unused portion of ticket in Oz, as it was much much cheaper to purchase a return ticket, than the one way migration fair.

I have to admit I like flying QANTAS... hate BA. Air NZ are nice too.
This is nothing to do with travel agents or airlines but the mighty LAMINGTON which I just realised how much I missed! Choccie or pink? With cream or without? Small square or a slice out of a sponge? Decisions, decisions.

Giant lamington to raise funds for Tsunami disaster:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...1/s1289238.htm

OzTennis
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:21 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baloo
Try again now.... they've updated their website so you can say 'Economy lowest', and then choose your dates but use the +-14 days option. Then the results show you all the flights on different dates, and the prices for each leg. It will show you different prices depending on the day you choose. Quite often you can get it as low as £282 per leg, so £564 return. A lot better than £2500 And still a lot cheaper than Sing or Qantas when I compared to their sites when shopping for flights.
I just tried again (didn't get the option of specifying +/-14 days) and it is quoting £2910 one way (I went to www.ba.com)
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:06 pm
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OzTennis
This is nothing to do with travel agents or airlines but the mighty LAMINGTON which I just realised how much I missed! Choccie or pink? With cream or without? Small square or a slice out of a sponge? Decisions, decisions.

Giant lamington to raise funds for Tsunami disaster:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...1/s1289238.htm

OzTennis

always chocolate, and are nicest in the squarish format, split and filled with jam and some fresh cream, not buttercream...

the pink ones are rolled in an almost set red jelly, then in the coconut, for those interested in lamingtonology.
Old Jan 27th 2005, 3:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
I just tried again (didn't get the option of specifying +/-14 days) and it is quoting £2910 one way (I went to www.ba.com)

hi - you are right - the one way fares are that much - if you choose a return fare on the first page you do have the option of + or - 14 days & the prices are around £500 - £600

not sure why there is so much difference tho

pootle
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scooterpom
Does anyone know what the baggage allowance is for emigrants on BA flights? Do you get anything over the standard 20kg per person? And can you have stop-overs?
Sorry, don't know what the emigrant baggage allowance is with them, but can tell you that their standard allowance is 23kgs, not 20kgs, so already a little bit more (which does help when you want everything packed in like I do! )
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

baloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
As pootle says, you have to select 'return' fare, then you get the +-14 days & can choose MUCH cheaper flights than that! Also, remember to choose 'Economy - lowest' for the cheapest fares...

Try again & see what you get
Old Jan 30th 2005, 10:21 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

BA one way fares bough on the BA website are fully flexible and for business travellers.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Dreamaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a specific time of the year when travelling to Perth is cheaper?
And how much time in advance should one book?