Reload this Page >

Best time to search a job in AUS

Best time to search a job in AUS

Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:04 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Best time to search a job in AUS

Hello Guys,

Sorry to start a new thread if this topic has been discussed already!

I was thinking to move to AUS in this MAY permanently. I am a SAP BI consultant. Just want to know what's the best time to search a IT job in AUS.

Please guide me.

Thanks

- Aman
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best time to search a job in AUS

December and January are generally quiet as it is Christmas and Summer holidays but other than that it would probably be just before you are going to arrive so you know when you would be available for interviews and will be taken seriously.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:21 am
Account Closed

aman_sharma2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spottydog
December and January are generally quiet as it is Christmas and Summer holidays but other than that it would probably be just before you are going to arrive so you know when you would be available for interviews and will be taken seriously.
Thanks a lot for your advice!

does not it depend upon the fiscal year of AUS also?

I heard that even MAY-JUNE are not good months to find jobs as most of the companies wait for 1st July for their budgets and then start projects?

Is it true?

Thanks

- Aman
Old Feb 18th 2010, 9:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aman_sharma2k1
Thanks a lot for your advice!

does not it depend upon the fiscal year of AUS also?

I heard that even MAY-JUNE are not good months to find jobs as most of the companies wait for 1st July for their budgets and then start projects?

Is it true?

Thanks

- Aman
Not true, it's only late December/Early January that everything slows down. Weeks leading up to the end of the financial year are no different from the rest of the year. You would be better placed to look for work when you're actually on the ground in Australia especially at the moment because you can start immediately and businesses don't have to worry that you won't show up or leave your current country.