British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Best time-lapse EVER ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/best-time-lapse-ever-840768/)

fish.01 Aug 12th 2014 12:49 pm

Best time-lapse EVER !

Watch it with sound and in full-screen (click full-screen icon in bottom right corner of video)...it's stunning !!!

knockoff nige Aug 12th 2014 10:54 pm

Re: Best time-lapse EVER !

It's really good but not the best time lapse ever. I think Tom Lowes Timescapes is the best. Also, the 'Tiny Sydney' one is also excellent.

curly Aug 14th 2014 10:37 am

Originally Posted by fish.01 (Post 11366475)
Watch it with sound and in full-screen (click full-screen icon in bottom right corner of video)...it's stunning !!!

VisitGoldCoast.com – The Best of the Gold Coast Australia in Timelapse - YouTube

Excellent :nod: I did see it posted on the GC news page on facebook but never actually watched it.

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 2:26 am

Good clip. Does anyone know what type of machine they put the camera on to get the panning and moving happing at a really slow pace?

knockoff nige Aug 24th 2014 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11379733)
Good clip. Does anyone know what type of machine they put the camera on to get the panning and moving happing at a really slow pace?

you can do it in post by cropping the start and the end frames. But that gives a bit of a different effect. There are tripod heads such as the Syrp Genie. Others use a dolly which consists of two tripods, a rail and motor.

Easier to fake it in post though.

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 7:17 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11379837)
you can do it in post by cropping the start and the end frames. But that gives a bit of a different effect. There are tripod heads such as the Syrp Genie. Others use a dolly which consists of two tripods, a rail and motor.

Easier to fake it in post though.

Do you think those pans and moves were post or mechanical?

knockoff nige Aug 24th 2014 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11379875)
Do you think those pans and moves were post or mechanical?

Definitely not post. You can see from the first one, the frame includes more of the area behind the dune which wouldn't have been captured by cropping in post.

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 9:33 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11379924)
Definitely not post. You can see from the first one, the frame includes more of the area behind the dune which wouldn't have been captured by cropping in post.

Ah good spot. That machine must travel so slowly.

commonwealth Aug 24th 2014 10:25 am

Originally Posted by knockoff nige (Post 11367052)
It's really good but not the best time lapse ever. I think Tom Lowes Timescapes is the best. Also, the 'Tiny Sydney' one is also excellent.

:thumbup:

IMHO this is the best timelapse ever! watch from start to finish and you will see what i mean!

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 10:40 am

Very cool.

commonwealth Aug 24th 2014 10:47 am

i know! good camera works! there was a rainbow, meteors, fog, full moon, other nice details happening there!

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 10:49 am

How to make a timelapse with a Canon 500/550D

I have a 550D. Might give it a crack. Will need to get the timer thing.

knockoff nige Aug 24th 2014 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 11380024)
How to make a timelapse with a Canon 500/550D

I have a 550D. Might give it a crack. Will need to get the timer thing.

Piece of advice for you, set everything to manual. That way you should avoid flicker.

Also, work out beforehand how long you want your time lapse to be. If you want a 1 minute video at 30 frames per second, that's 1800 pictures to compile if you take 1 picture every second. Alternatively, you could take 1 every 2 seconds to halve the amount but still the same amount of time with your camera taking pictures using a timer.

They are rewarding though when they come out well.

Beoz Aug 24th 2014 11:04 am

Time Lapse Photography - A Beginners Guide

Best stack a cooler full of beer and grab a fishing rod.

Anyhow, looks like a good article here.

commonwealth Aug 24th 2014 11:22 am

and make sure you plan well ahead in advance eg where the sun in the horizon will be, etc