Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

which is best time to come in perth

which is best time to come in perth

Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:32 am
Just Joined

aaryman81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default which is best time to come in perth

As I got family PR 176 visa I am planning in nov/dec 2011, so I want to know whether this time is good to come or not. As I have to search job & home for me . Then after get settled my planned to bring family after 6 months before the first entry date. Could anybody suggest which is best place where me & my family get the goog house & where more chances of getting jobs.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

edmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of lightedmontron is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: which is best time to come in perth

Nov/Dec is not a good time to look for a job as things slow down a lot due to Summer holidays and Christmas and it picks up again in February (this may vary depending on your profession)
Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Edmontron, it would be better to get here towards the end of January. Perhaps you could tell us your occupation and we might be able to give you a better idea about finding work.

Like every other city, there is a big variation in the cost of housing. Closer to the CBD is more expensive, but with better public transport and shorter travelling times if you live in the city. Further out, it is cheaper but sometmes with less facilities, less public transport and longer travelling times. Will you be using public transport or needing to drive?
Old Sep 10th 2011, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Well for an english person its best to come in mid winter really. Thats what we first did, for us it felt warm but for perth locals it was very cold it gave us time to adapt.

Once you do climatize though you will find the winters are biterly cold and the summers unbearably hot, it is a place of extremes
Old Sep 10th 2011, 11:28 am
Just Joined

aaryman81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, I have a production exp in glass industries about 9 years. so I can do any type of technical job or production related jobs, like operation of m/c, maintenance of m/c etc like that or else. I am ready to any type of rather than this in the early stages.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Hampshire - soon to be somewhere between Brissie and Gold Coast!!!
MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aaryman81
As I got family PR 176 visa I am planning in nov/dec 2011, so I want to know whether this time is good to come or not. As I have to search job & home for me . Then after get settled my planned to bring family after 6 months before the first entry date. Could anybody suggest which is best place where me & my family get the goog house & where more chances of getting jobs.
Hi

We were thinking of going out about Oct time but our house still hasn't sold so then we were wondering what to do time-wise and decided that if we couldn't get out there by Oct/early Nov time then we wouldn't go out until end of Jan/early Feb as we figured it would be a bit of a show-stopper what with companies having Christmas closedowns/wind-downs and time off for their Summer hols.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 7:37 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Depends, winter it can rain for weeks on end and in the summer it can be hot enough to fry an egg on a bald man's head, Spring is the best time
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:21 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi

We were thinking of going out about Oct time but our house still hasn't sold so then we were wondering what to do time-wise and decided that if we couldn't get out there by Oct/early Nov time then we wouldn't go out until end of Jan/early Feb as we figured it would be a bit of a show-stopper what with companies having Christmas closedowns/wind-downs and time off for their Summer hols.
As the new school year starts on Wednesday 1 February 2012, I would recommend coming out a couple of weeks before that. That would give you some time to acclimatise to the heat, get school uniforms and stationery, start to work out logistics of your daily life. It is common here to have kids starting at their new school throughout the year, but if you're planning to get here in early February anyway, it would make sense to have them at school on the first day of Term 1.

Last edited by HelenTD; Sep 11th 2011 at 1:36 am.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We landed at the start of spring last year & think it was the best time, weather wise, to arrive. Generally it was slightly warmer than the summer we'd just left in the UK although the nights were colder & we were able to acclimatise as the weather warmed up.

It did mean however that the our daughter had about 2 months off of school though as she packed up for the UK summer holidays in July & we didn't get her in to school here until the middle of September & god she needed to go back!!

Alison x
Old Sep 11th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud ofMrsE has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HelenTD
As the new school year starts on Wednesday 1 February 2012, I would recommend coming out a couple of weeks before that. That would give you some time to acclimatise to the heat, get school uniforms and stationery, start to work out logistics of your daily life. It is common here to have kids starting at their new school throughout the year, but if you're planning to get here in early February anyway, it would make sense to have them at school on the first day of Term 1.
Hi Helen

We have decided to give our girls a few weeks off of school when we first arrive so that we can all look around together and chose areas and schools. We know what area roughly we are looking at which helps. Also, coming mid Feb it will be starting to cool down a little being the end of Summer - we didn't want to arrive in January at the height of Summer - don't want them too feel it's too hot! Also, there won't be any schools open for us to look around until they have already started back so we figured a few weeks more won't harm them as they are top of theor classes here in the UK.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Holdrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aaryman81
hi there,

me and my girlfriend are hoping to move to perth from the uk in jan so was just wondering whether or not you would mind maybe chatting on the net sometime with a view to swapping useful info

thanks
andy&holly
Old Sep 11th 2011, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MrsE
Hi Helen

We have decided to give our girls a few weeks off of school when we first arrive so that we can all look around together and chose areas and schools. We know what area roughly we are looking at which helps. Also, coming mid Feb it will be starting to cool down a little being the end of Summer - we didn't want to arrive in January at the height of Summer - don't want them too feel it's too hot! Also, there won't be any schools open for us to look around until they have already started back so we figured a few weeks more won't harm them as they are top of theor classes here in the UK.
If you're hoping to avoid the hot weather, don't move over in February, it is the end of March before it starts cooling down. Even then, you will still find it very warm.

If they are top of their classes in the UK, they might well have problems here.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HelenTD
If you're hoping to avoid the hot weather, don't move over in February, it is the end of March before it starts cooling down. Even then, you will still find it very warm.

If they are top of their classes in the UK, they might well have problems here.

No worries - we will cope

Thanks for the advice
Old Sep 15th 2011, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Depends, winter it can rain for weeks on end and in the summer it can be hot enough to fry an egg on a bald man's head, Spring is the best time
hahaa, but then in spring you have to consider the swooping attacking magpies, and most annoying.... the flys, lol!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 3:02 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lolylew
hahaa, but then in spring you have to consider the swooping attacking magpies, and most annoying.... the flys, lol!
ahhh the flies wait till you have a tray full of drinks before flying up your nose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.