Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best time to book flights for july 2006

best time to book flights for july 2006

Old Nov 8th 2005, 9:19 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default best time to book flights for july 2006

Hi everyone, does anyone know whens the best time to book flights for Perth, July 2006 from London? looking at the moment the cheapest is coming up approx 500 pounds oneway, cheers in advance
Dawn x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Default Re: best time to book flights for july 2006

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi everyone, does anyone know whens the best time to book flights for Perth, July 2006 from London? looking at the moment the cheapest is coming up approx 500 pounds oneway, cheers in advance
Dawn x
Hi Dawn, can't answer your question but i am looking at costs at the moment as well, July seems to be the most expensive time. Can't believe the price some of the airlines are looking for.
What sites have you been looking at?
Jo
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:51 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jo, ive looked on most sites, expedia had flights for about 470 a couple of weeks ago but now no less that 509............im still hunting so if I find a good site I will let you know, are you off to Perth?
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:59 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi again, just been quoted 450 inc all taxs one oneway going 2nd July with affordableflights.co.uk flying with Malaysia....if I find anymore I let you know, just off to pick my daughter up from school x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Before August 2006
Old Nov 8th 2005, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of
Smile Re: best time to book flights for july 2006

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi Jo, ive looked on most sites, expedia had flights for about 470 a couple of weeks ago but now no less that 509............im still hunting so if I find a good site I will let you know, are you off to Perth?
Hi Dawn thanks for that info, we are looking at visiting Brisbane on a validation trip, return trip for the moment though unfortunately!! Not sure where we are going to live yet but should have visas in by April hopefully... and then make the move about this time next year..
There are five of us and the eldest kid is 14 so he is classed as an adult for the fare so as you can imagine its going to be bloody expensive to go in the summer holidays. Another option is to go in April which works out about 12 hundred pounds cheaper then but my dilema is (as said on my other thread)! i work in my son's school and they won't be happy about me taking time off during term time + the two eldest children are doing SATS next May so school will definitely go mad!!
Austravel are doing a great deal for this month £299 return going November 05. If only my visa was already in I would jump at it!!!
Where in Perth are you heading???
Jox
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:05 pm
Arrived Perth June 2006

not sure yet, possibly somewhere near Rockingham, depends on jobs really..Im still not sure if its cheaper to book in advance or closer, were in the same situation as you really, myself, hubby daughter 18 daughter 4 all doing oneway, daughter 16 doing returning and joining us later so bloody is expensive...Ill keep on looking x
Old Nov 8th 2005, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

I would advise ringing the agencies rather than trying to book online.
I've just booked flights leaving UK in Feb, returning in June, and the prices the agencies found for me when I rang were much better than when I looked at the same agencies online.
Travelbag, Austravel and another one whose name escapes me all quoted better fares over the phone than the internet.
Just a suggestion
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:02 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

ahh thanks for taking the time to reply ill give that a ago, cheers then
Old Nov 9th 2005, 9:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joanneS
Hi Dawn thanks for that info, we are looking at visiting Brisbane on a validation trip, return trip for the moment though unfortunately!! Not sure where we are going to live yet but should have visas in by April hopefully... and then make the move about this time next year..
There are five of us and the eldest kid is 14 so he is classed as an adult for the fare so as you can imagine its going to be bloody expensive to go in the summer holidays. Another option is to go in April which works out about 12 hundred pounds cheaper then but my dilema is (as said on my other thread)! i work in my son's school and they won't be happy about me taking time off during term time + the two eldest children are doing SATS next May so school will definitely go mad!!
Austravel are doing a great deal for this month £299 return going November 05. If only my visa was already in I would jump at it!!!
Where in Perth are you heading???
Jox
Beware of £299/£399 fares - they have seats with 2" or more pitch less than normal cattle class and you wouldn't jump in them. You'll probably notice they offer an upgrade to what they call premium economy which is what you would normally get in economy with most airlines - usually £199 each way for the upgrade.

The airlines release their special fares for June/July next year in turn. Currently it is Malaysia and the specials I saw only went as far as 30th June and only included Perth, not other cities. We are looking for cheapies at the end of June to Melbourne. Last year Malaysia released their Melbourne and Sydney cheapies during the first week of January (we booked on 9th Jan 2005 and got £489 return to Melb inc all taxes with Malaysia). Emirates have already released their's, Qantas, China East as well.

Best advice for getting fares for July 2006 is to get the travel supplements each weekend and/or sign up for a regular weekly newsletter with offers from the likes of Quest, Airline Network, Austravel, Travelmood etc.

OzTennis

Last edited by OzTennis; Nov 9th 2005 at 9:54 am.
Old Nov 9th 2005, 8:37 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

dont go in July, leave on June 30th as you will probably save a few hundred pounds. it dosent fit with school holidays or summer here or work holidays, but it is worth it. I went on 30 June last year and saved a bundle.
Old Nov 10th 2005, 8:43 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

ahh thanks guys x