Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best theme park in GC?

Wikiposts

Best theme park in GC?

Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:27 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best theme park in GC?

Heading up there soon. I want to take in at least one theme park. I'm thinking Dream World. We have no kids. The wife doesnt like too scary rides. But i'm trying to convince her. So what would you recommend We would probably spend nearly a full day there.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 6:28 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best theme park in GC?

Our faves were WB movie world and Sea world
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:11 pm
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Our faves were WB movie world and Sea world
I love the rides. Does Movie world have many great rides?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:14 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I love the rides. Does Movie world have many great rides?
Superman ride! AWESOME! Plus Movie World has a lot more non-scary ride attractions which your wife might like (compared to Dream World which is more fully scary ride orientated).
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:15 pm
Freedom!

Originally Posted by bcworld
Superman ride! AWESOME!
Enough to keep me busy for the day?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:20 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Enough to keep me busy for the day?
There's probably about 4 thrill rides plus various shows.....nowhere near on the scale of the Florida parks though - probably spend a good 5 or 6 hours in there though.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:27 pm
Freedom!

Originally Posted by bcworld
There's probably about 4 thrill rides plus various shows.....nowhere near on the scale of the Florida parks though - probably spend a good 5 or 6 hours in there though.
And Dream World?
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:29 pm
Freedom!

So DreamWorld? Come one people. Help me out!!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:40 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

So DreamWorld? Come one people. Help me out!!!
Yep. It's the only choice if you want rides.

Seaworld - nothing really.
Movieworld about 3/4 rides.
Wet N Wild - wet and cold this time of the year.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Yep. It's the only choice if you want rides.

Seaworld - nothing really.
Movieworld about 3/4 rides.
Wet N Wild - wet and cold this time of the year.
have to agree with bix. i have never been to any of the tho.
but the feedback i get every day from punters is that Dreamworld is the best
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:09 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

or come roon my hoose, u may not get a ride, but its a helluva day
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

laidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the roughlaidbackfreak is a jewel in the rough

we went to dreamworld and wet n wild earlier this year..... dreamworld is great probably the best in the area.... kept me n oh entertained all day
wet n wild is good fun too again id say probably best of the water parks in the area
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:02 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by laidbackfreak
we went to dreamworld and wet n wild earlier this year..... dreamworld is great probably the best in the area.... kept me n oh entertained all day
wet n wild is good fun too again id say probably best of the water parks in the area
have to agree, most people tell me this.
the outback thingy sounds pish, havent heard a good report about it yet
Old Jul 1st 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

auspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud ofauspal has much to be proud of

Some local friends of ours went to the Outback thingy and said it was great?

The drinks are on tap as well, all included in the price so maybe that had something to do with it

Havent been to Dreamworld as I dont like the rides, but movieworld and seaworld are both good, nothing like the USA parks though, depends if you are more interested in the movies or the dolphins
Old Jul 1st 2007, 4:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by auspal
Some local friends of ours went to the Outback thingy and said it was great?

The drinks are on tap as well, all included in the price so maybe that had something to do with it

Havent been to Dreamworld as I dont like the rides, but movieworld and seaworld are both good, nothing like the USA parks though, depends if you are more interested in the movies or the dolphins
ah that the first good think i have heard about the outback thingy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.