British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Best Sydney Suberbs? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/best-sydney-suberbs-107794/)

Jo101 Aug 29th 2002 1:55 pm

Best Sydney Suberbs?
 
Hi all,

Just been looking at realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au trying to work out where are the best suberbs in Sydney?

I've been concentrating mainly on the Lower and Upper North Shore and Northern Beaches.

Can anyone suggest a good suberb suitable for a young family (ie with good primary schools)?

Thanks

Jo

Tatiana Aug 29th 2002 2:45 pm

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 

Originally posted by Jo Ingwell:
Hi all,

Just been looking at realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au trying to work out where are the best suberbs in Sydney?

I've been concentrating mainly on the Lower and Upper North Shore and Northern Beaches.

Can anyone suggest a good suberb suitable for a young family (ie with good primary schools)?

Thanks

Jo
Another good area for that matter is Eastern Suburbs. Generally schools with Opportunity Class are better that without it.

Deonsand Aug 29th 2002 8:49 pm

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 
Jo Ingwell <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi all,
    > Just been looking at realestate.com.au and Domain.com.au trying to work out where
    > are the best suberbs in Sydney?
    > I've been concentrating mainly on the Lower and Upper North Shore and Northern
    > Beaches.
    > Can anyone suggest a good suberb suitable for a young family (ie with good primary
    > schools)?
    > Thanks
    > Jo

Dear Jo you could think about in the inner Sydney Redfern or Waterloo median price of
unit for 2 bedrooms about 350,000 dallars paddington public school and Sydney boy and
girl selected high school, close to UNSW and Sydney childern Hositpal

madankumars Aug 29th 2002 9:33 pm

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 
Redfern is known for its notoriousness. Infact most inner Sydney is not a safe place to live. I would recommend lower north shore... like Chatswood etc.

Tatiana Aug 29th 2002 11:20 pm

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 

Originally posted by Deonsand:

Dear Jo you could think about in the inner Sydney Redfern or Waterloo median price of
unit for 2 bedrooms about 350,000 dallars paddington public school and Sydney boy and
girl selected high school, close to UNSW and Sydney childern Hositpal
Redfern and Waterloo are not nice suburbs at all: a lot of housing comission property (government housing provided to unemployed and and the like). Recently there was a problem with bus drivers refusing to service this area after sunset: some gang threw stones on buses. Accordingly you can imagine what kids are like in local government schools.

And one can think as much as he/she wishes about Sydney Girls/Sydney Boys, but admission to selective schools is via test, so the child must be prepared: either by attending "right" primary school or by putting a lot of efforts and money into coaching. For example, one of the best schools in Eastern Suburbs is Woollahra Public (and it has Opportunity Class) - very high admission rate to selective schools and rate of private school scolarship winning. (My daughter attended Woollahra (OC) and now she is in Sydney Girls, there was no special coachig except that from 5 y.o. on Saturdays she goes to Russian school and among other things they do a bit of math "the Russian way" - how it is done in schools in Russia).
And Bondi (not Bondi Beach) is not a bad area for a family.

Sandra Aug 30th 2002 12:49 am

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 
St Ives
Turramurra
Killara
Pymble
Wahroonga

Upper North Shore mostly - but you will see the house prices are in line with the better schools.

Jo I will email shortly with more detail.

Cheers

Jo101 Sep 2nd 2002 8:22 am

Re: Best Sydney Suberbs?
 

Originally posted by Sandra:
St Ives
Turramurra
Killara
Pymble
Wahroonga

Upper North Shore mostly - but you will see the house prices are in line with the better schools.

Jo I will email shortly with more detail.

Cheers
Thanks for all your imput!

Jo


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:42 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.