Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best state secondary schools Gold Coast??

Best state secondary schools Gold Coast??

Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:06 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Best state secondary schools Gold Coast??

Hi all,

Out of interest can anyone advise me on good state secondary schools on gc?? and do any stand out a lot more than others???

Many thanks
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best state secondary schools Gold Coast??

No not hugely to be honest. Even the ones generally considered 'poor' aren't, not in comparison to 'poor' in the UK anyway - in my opinion. Some people will state that 'their' High School is the best but it doesn't mean it's the best of everyone, overall there's not a huge difference in OP results.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:19 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
No not hugely to be honest. Even the ones generally considered 'poor' aren't, not in comparison to 'poor' in the UK anyway - in my opinion. Some people will state that 'their' High School is the best but it doesn't mean it's the best of everyone, overall there's not a huge difference in OP results.
ahh thanks, also do most people go state or private? privates a lot more popular here in Perth
Old Oct 5th 2011, 6:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
ahh thanks, also do most people go state or private? privates a lot more popular here in Perth
There are 51 High Schools, 16 of those are State. The rest are a mix of Church and Private. Short of counting how many students are in each sector, I have no idea

I'd say you should probably narrow down which area you need to be in - ie do you need to get to Brissie for work, do you need the train, would you be working in the South etc and then go from there. No point in looking at top schools in the South if you need to get to Brissie to work - travelling would be a nightmare.
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:02 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all,

Out of interest can anyone advise me on good state secondary schools on gc?? and do any stand out a lot more than others???

Many thanks
In the 5 years on the GC I have only ever heard of one dodgy High School (and that was only hearsay) go for your local one - Our 2 both went to Merrimac High and we were very impressed (son year 11, daughter now at UQ)
Old Oct 5th 2011, 7:07 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by Carbery
In the 5 years on the GC I have only ever heard of one dodgy High School (and that was only hearsay) go for your local one - Our 2 both went to Merrimac High and we were very impressed (son year 11, daughter now at UQ)
ahh thank you, I'm steering towards mudgereeba area at the mo as visited twice, hubby may still commute to perth for work :/