Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Looking for a used car in Melbourne

Looking for a used car in Melbourne

Old Jun 9th 2010, 5:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default Looking for a used car in Melbourne

I am looking for a used car in Melbourne, preferably 4 cyl . budget is around 5-6k.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:00 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for a used car in Melbourne

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
I am looking for a used car in Melbourne, preferably 4 cyl . budget is around 5-6k.
http://www.melbournescheapestcars.com.au

http://www.tradingpost.com.au

Last edited by DownUnderPaddy; Jun 9th 2010 at 7:06 am.
Old Jun 9th 2010, 7:08 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

You have any pref for how many Kms on it or how old ?
Old Jun 9th 2010, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Thanks mate, will check those links. Preferably model 2000 onwards and kms<100k
Old Jun 11th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

I am seeing dodgy trends while looking for a used car. I saw some advts on the car sales websites where people have claimed their cars' Year Manufacture to be higher than what they are registered in the VicRoads websites.

Secondly, I talked to some peeps and they never told me that their car has been "written off" (repairable) in VicRoads records. Had I bought that car, I must have been in trouble while getting the car registered on my name.

Seems like cheating is ripe here in melbourne in used car business. Any tips to a safe used vehicle purchase. Also, what is the difference between VIV inspection and RWC inspection
Old Jun 11th 2010, 2:56 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I am seeing dodgy trends while looking for a used car. I saw some advts on the car sales websites where people have claimed their cars' Year Manufacture to be higher than what they are registered in the VicRoads websites.
I think that can maybe be legit...say I bought a car in Sep 2010...I might be buying the '11 model (not year of manufacture though), but it is first registered in 2010.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think that can maybe be legit...say I bought a car in Sep 2010...I might be buying the '11 model (not year of manufacture though), but it is first registered in 2010.
I found a difference of 2 years and 3 years in some cases. Vicroads check is a must I guess.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 3:45 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

I found a difference of 2 years and 3 years in some cases. Vicroads check is a must I guess.
I think your perception is a bit off when you state "Seems like cheating is ripe (rife) here in melbourne in used car business".
You should find things are far more fair, transparent and regulated in Australia than anything you have experienced in India.

You should find everything you need with a modicum of basic research on the VicRoads site.
These particular links should help you...
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...oadworthiness/
http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/...urchaseChecks/

Welcome to Australia by the way. Now the hard work of settling in begins....
Stick with it as it does take some time, whatever your point of origin happens to be. Good Luck !
Old Jun 11th 2010, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks! I checked those links already. My observation is one shouldn't believe the seller and get everything verified in the govt databases. Its great that govt has put everything online to help the buyers

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
Welcome to Australia by the way. Now the hard work of settling in begins....
Stick with it as it does take some time, whatever your point of origin happens to be. Good Luck !
Yes, I really liked the system Victoria govt has put in place. I would recommend Victoria as the place to be for anyone.
Old Jun 11th 2010, 6:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

www.carsales.com.au is another website.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

simfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nicesimfaisal is just really nice

Hi,
Have you bought the car? Here is another link you might be interested

www.autoline.com.au

Best Regards
simfaisal
Old Jun 15th 2010, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I really liked the system Victoria govt has put in place. I would recommend Victoria as the place to be for anyone.
I got it!
Old Jun 16th 2010, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

shame about your budget. My (lovely) RAV4 will be up for sale shortly...before we return to UK end July.