Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Shipping Company from UK to Oz?

Best Shipping Company from UK to Oz?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

AussieDiva is on a distinguished road
Default Best Shipping Company from UK to Oz?

I have searched the forums looking for a similar thread but no success, so apologies to any regulars who feel I may be doubling up on what is already available....

I am about to start ringing around shipping companies to get quotes for a container - we are moving back from UK in Oz in March 09, and I was hoping there would be some recommendations from some of you amazing people out there as to which companies to use.

If there are companies you would recommend please let me know - if you had bad experiences also would appreciate knowing...

Thanks everyone!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Re: Best Shipping Company from UK to Oz?

John Mason, without a doubt. They were brill from begining to end, both sides. Also they were competitively priced and matched a lower price that I got from someone else. Have spoken to a few people since I've been here and they say the same.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
John Mason, without a doubt. They were brill from begining to end, both sides. Also they were competitively priced and matched a lower price that I got from someone else. Have spoken to a few people since I've been here and they say the same.
Brilliant, thanks for that, calling them now!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

I'd still recommend getting a couple of agents round for quotes though. That way you can barter the price down. Also I got my own Marine Insurance through Letton Percival at 1.6% of the value. They were recommended on here too.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

will do - thanks!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Disco01 will become famous soon enoughDisco01 will become famous soon enough

We used Across the Ocean Shipping, they were great.