Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Well my two youngest are in port Kennedy primary . When I was in uk and read about people who emigrated putting their kids in private schools I actually thought that's a bit much isn't it . Little did I realise why !!!! Until now the primary school not only is so far behind here my poor little 8 year old has a teacher from hell who shouts 10 times worse than me apparently lol .. And he is being bullied being called names like u got a flat face . He is a sweet intelligent boy who loved his school in tbe uk all the class loved him . Here in pk primary he is very unhappy , also today I watched their school assembly omg !!!! Just rubbish . It's like hickville school . So tomorrow going to see about Lutheran living waters private . Might be on more of a par with his uk state school . I chose one of the top primary schools in Bournemouth because I want the best for my child , but never in a million years did I think the state system schools here in oz were that bad !!! Not impressed . Just make ur own mind up on this, I have .
Hiya, perhaps you should give it a bit more time. It hasn't even been a week yet. It is different here but it would be given that we are in a different country. Give it a few weeks in the new term and see how you go.

Good luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Well the assembely was just like a real young kids assembely and seemed backward to that in the uk . It feels like a outback school to me hence the term hickville . Just seemed in my kids school back in the uk was more organised better set out worked out. Etc it's hard to describe . But it is kind of liking it to something of lesser quality . But one thing here kids are still kids at 11 in the uk they are forced to be young adults . It is a culture shock the schools and different ways . We will give it time . But the bullying must stop I won't tolerate it ...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:12 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

Took us a year to sort schooling out...real discipline at maranatha
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

i cant say theres no bullying in maranatha because i think every school whether public or private have some form of bullying,but what i can say is if you have a problem in maranatha it does get sorted.Theres nothing worse than your child being bullied and no child should have to put up with it.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 3:19 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

as I asked before- did you speak to the principle? what did they say/do and what about the teacher?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

I haven't seen the principle yet it's been four days wanted to see if the bullying stopped . I think it is slowly . Teacher has been there once as my son keeps getting supply teachers . So will give it some time . Today my older son who is 14 has got in to living waters . So thank god for that no warnbro for him . No space at living waters for my little one but have put his name down . Very expensive to get started at the school tho $500 bond etc . Will see how we go .
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:30 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats good news then - like I said you have to do what suits your kid - if I was at all worried about my daughters behaviour I`d not hesitate to enrol at a private school - luckily she is doing really well at Warnbro and has some lovely friends.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:29 pm
Just Joined

JR56 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We've been here just a year, put my children in Maranatha, good school but the options weren't good for what they wanted at Uni so now changed them to Living Waters, they've been there a term, my eldest thinks the education is better, youngest well, just missing her mates but never one for change!!! But so far so good it has a good reputation and I've not heard of any bullying. Good luck I'm sure you'll find it a friendly school with good values.
I'm just round the corner from you if you fancy a coffee or a glass sometime.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Well my 14 got in to living waters so be great to grab a coffee pm
Me ur number and I will text u my details he starts at the school the tues they go back so perhaps meet up around then ? Be good
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

Actually prefer a glass lol I don't drink coffee