Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Old Sep 16th 2010, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all
Default Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Hi were moving in to port Kennedy over next few days With a 16 year old 14 year old . 11 and 8 year old . Seen it's got warnbro high and port Douglas primary . Any views please ??? . Also things for kids to do ?? We secured a rental yesterday we had so much hasstle finding one north that we gave up so chose to look south . Any advise appreciated x
Old Sep 16th 2010, 12:09 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best school port Kennedy senior and primary ?

Depends what part of Port Kennedy - if you are in the bottom half you may be in the catchment area for Comet Bay SHS. My daughter goes to Warnbro HS - doing really well there and very happy - you need to have a look round and make your own mind up though.
Old Sep 16th 2010, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

bruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to allbruce n sheila is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Depends what part of Port Kennedy - if you are in the bottom half you may be in the catchment area for Comet Bay SHS. My daughter goes to Warnbro HS - doing really well there and very happy - you need to have a look round and make your own mind up though.
Hi thanks for your comment . No were going to be living in Fontainbleu visa just below warnbro near starlight shopping centre is it ?? . Glad to hear your daughter is ok there how old is she ? My sons 14 who will attend secondary school . My daughter who was due to go to secondary school back in the uk . Has to go back to primary . Also got 8 year old boy . My eldest wants to do apprentaship .
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:28 am

lancastrian48 is an unknown quantity at this point

.[/QUOTE]

Private options ;-

Living Waters- Warnbro -wait list.
Maranatha Chrisitian -Waikiki -Quicker list

Good luck
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

Hi.welcome to Perth x our two youngest go to maranatha Christian college in Waikiki they have settled well there.the middle lad is going to the atc in Perth next feb.it's like a tech back home.he is 16 and will do year 11 and 12 there and start an apprenticeship
in welding.hope this helps.x
Old Sep 20th 2010, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for info : applied today have a space a living waters . I am not Christian but prefer it to wanbro high . Liked the size of warnbro and tech rooms but kids were dressed as they like piercings allowed so wierd to me as my kids would be expelled back in the uk for that I am no snob as have piercings myself but kind of threw me a bit .but i suppose i am not used to ozzy ways . I guess if he gets into living waters it will cost £48 a week that's not bad to get a good education I guess . But if he does not then so be it !! Warnbro here he comes lol .
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mrs i
Hi.welcome to Perth x our two youngest go to maranatha Christian college in Waikiki they have settled well there.the middle lad is going to the atc in Perth next feb.it's like a tech back home.he is 16 and will do year 11 and 12 there and start an apprenticeship
in welding.hope this helps.x
Hi if you would like to meet up be great . Will have house warming once sorted x
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:22 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
Thanks for info : applied today have a space a living waters . I am not Christian but prefer it to wanbro high . Liked the size of warnbro and tech rooms but kids were dressed as they like piercings allowed so wierd to me as my kids would be expelled back in the uk for that I am no snob as have piercings myself but kind of threw me a bit .but i suppose i am not used to ozzy ways . I guess if he gets into living waters it will cost £48 a week that's not bad to get a good education I guess . But if he does not then so be it !! Warnbro here he comes lol .
Like I said before you have to look around and make your own mind up - the thing with private schools is that you are paying that money for them to conform so you have more to lose if they don`t and risk getting kicked out- a big incentive I think - plus they can pick and choose who they take- a luxury denied to state schools. The one thing the state schools in the area do have going for them is the amount of different courses offered to kids in Year 11 and 12. If my own daughter wasn`t doing so well and wasn`t enjoying it (she doesn`t have any piercings by the way and nor do most kids in the school and she doesn`t look like a tramp either - well apart from from when she gets up first thing in the morning) then I`d go down the private route too - luckily I haven`t needed to.I have a couple of mates with kids at Living Waters and they are very happy with it, that said I`ve heard good and bad things about all schools in the area - state and private,it all depends on who you are talking to. At the end of the day it`s all down to your kid in the end - you know them best. Just thought - another thing to think about might be Mandurah Senior College - a bit further out but they take kids from Year 10 they don`t seem to have such strict catchment areas - my mate works there and she reckons it`s good.http://www.msc.wa.edu.au/#

Last edited by gobbyjock; Sep 20th 2010 at 12:46 pm. Reason: sausage fingers & unable to spell
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Like I said before you have to look around and make your own mind up - the thing with private schools is that you are paying that money for them to conform so you have more to lose if they don`t and risk getting kicked out- a big incentive I think - plus they can pick and choose who they take- a luxury denied to state schools. The one thing the state schools in the area do have going for them is the amount of different courses offered to kids in Year 11 and 12. If my own daughter wasn`t doing so well and wasn`t enjoying it (she doesn`t have any pericings by the way and nor do most kids in the school and she doesn`t look like a tramp either - well apart from from when she gets up first thing in the morning) then I`d go down the private route too - luckily I haven`t needed to.I have a couple of mates with kids at Living Waters and they are very happy with it, that said I`ve heard good and bad things about all schools in the area - state and private,it all depends on who you are talking to. At the end of the day it`s all down to your kid in the end - you know them best.

You are possibly right . And no not all kids at warnbro are dressed like tramps and not all had piercings but a few did . And believe me my eldest has a tattoo and is 16 also his tongue pierced however if he had his lip pierced at school in the uk it would not be allowed . I kind of like the fact kids got that code of dress at school back in the uk as it shows kids conform to school rules . Where as a few kids had jeans on at warnbro one girl had denim shorts on !! ... But that does not mean the kid is bad or school does not teach well , it just gives a sloppy impression of it . That's just how I see it . The living waters could be totally not right either as my son said he would not wear a silly hat and look like a twat !! Lol but have to be careful with my son as he is at that vunerable age where he thinks he knows best , and in the uk smoked and drank . so have to watch his every move now .
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:49 pm
Im a woomaaan

Originally Posted by bruce n sheila
You are possibly right . And no not all kids at warnbro are dressed like tramps and not all had piercings but a few did . And believe me my eldest has a tattoo and is 16 also his tongue pierced however if he had his lip pierced at school in the uk it would not be allowed . I kind of like the fact kids got that code of dress at school back in the uk as it shows kids conform to school rules . Where as a few kids had jeans on at warnbro one girl had denim shorts on !! ... But that does not mean the kid is bad or school does not teach well , it just gives a sloppy impression of it . That's just how I see it . The living waters could be totally not right either as my son said he would not wear a silly hat and look like a twat !! Lol but have to be careful with my son as he is at that vunerable age where he thinks he knows best , and in the uk smoked and drank . so have to watch his every move now .

Aah yes the joys of teenagers - I`ve added to my above post - with a link for Mandurah Senior College which may be of interest for you.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Aah yes the joys of teenagers - I`ve added to my above post - with a link for Mandurah Senior College which may be of interest for you.
Oh thanks will take a look
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Well my two youngest are in port Kennedy primary . When I was in uk and read about people who emigrated putting their kids in private schools I actually thought that's a bit much isn't it . Little did I realise why !!!! Until now the primary school not only is so far behind here my poor little 8 year old has a teacher from hell who shouts 10 times worse than me apparently lol .. And he is being bullied being called names like u got a flat face . He is a sweet intelligent boy who loved his school in tbe uk all the class loved him . Here in pk primary he is very unhappy , also today I watched their school assembly omg !!!! Just rubbish . It's like hickville school . So tomorrow going to see about Lutheran living waters private . Might be on more of a par with his uk state school . I chose one of the top primary schools in Bournemouth because I want the best for my child , but never in a million years did I think the state system schools here in oz were that bad !!! Not impressed . Just make ur own mind up on this, I have .
Old Sep 21st 2010, 2:59 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

PK is one of the better primary schools in the area- have you spoken to the staff about your concerns? what was it about the assembly that was 'hicksville'?
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

mrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to allmrs i is a name known to all

If u r not keen or there's no space at living waters u should give maranatha a try as my youngest is doing really well there and has settled in.hope it all works out and ur son feels happier in school soon xx
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:08 am
Im a woomaaan

Keep in mind that you could have moved from one part of the UK to another and your son could have experienced teasing there too. Why did you think the assembly was rubbish/ hicksville?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.