Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Pub in Perth

Wikiposts

Best Pub in Perth

Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:44 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Pub in Perth

Originally Posted by Scossie
Yup. Good pub, The Lucky Shag.
Forgot about that one. Hard to think of a better setting for a beer garden!
Chilli Mussels there are top quality...
Are you available for tours?
Perth seems to have quite a few good pubs I reckon it's my duty to come over and sample a few of them just by way of an East V West comparison
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:39 pm
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Are you available for tours?
Perth seems to have quite a few good pubs I reckon it's my duty to come over and sample a few of them just by way of an East V West comparison
LOL...
I reckon I can arrange a tour for you if you want!
Bloody hell! What could be better. A beer tour of your home town...!
Let me know when you're heading west & I'll get my liver in training...!!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:40 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Indian Ocean at Mindarie, just opened a week or so ago, without doubt the largest restaurant/bar I have seen so far in Perth. Very nice too.
I was up there last night. A bit pricey but very nice. It was interesting to see The Boat almost empty.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 10:47 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I was up there last night. A bit pricey but very nice. It was interesting to see The Boat almost empty.
I found it nice too but it seemed to go out of focus towards the end of the night
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:49 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Brass Monkey in Northbridge and The Queens in Highgate.
Paddo is also good, Mt Hawthorn. Have some good bands sometimes.

Pascal often goes to the Lucky Shag at Barrack St jetty if we have family staying. Last week he saw some dolphins frolicking around there!

The Sail and Anchor is nice on the balcony(fremantle). Also Little Creatures.

Mojo's in North Freo has good bands etc.

The Leederville is good for dancing. On Friday nights they have the Funk Club upstairs, very very cool! Will be going again!!

The Hula Bula Bar is another that I need to go to again. Not a pub, but a very cool, very tropical cocktail bar in Perth (towards the east side, on Victoria Ave, under some hotel or big building). Very small, and can be very busy, so get there around 8pm I reckon. Oh, I wrote about it here:
http://www.enjoyperth.net/2006/02/19/hula-bula-bar/

I also found the Belgian Beer Cafe very expensive, including the food!

Btw, here's a list of 210 pubs in Perth, you can do a quiz to see how many you've been to...
http://dev.perthpubs.net/?s=pubquiz

Mmm, 16.7%.... A definite increase from when I did it in May!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:54 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I found it nice too but it seemed to go out of focus towards the end of the night
...says a bloke that fell off his bar stool after one pint How was your burger?
Old Aug 12th 2006, 11:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
...says a bloke that fell off his bar stool after one pint How was your burger?
Tasty
Not a kebab though , you just can't beat a babby on the way home

The stool was drunk not me ! Its the one that fell over !