Best Pub in Perth

Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:10 am
Just Joined

salohcin will become famous soon enoughsalohcin will become famous soon enough
Default Best Pub in Perth

So what do you reckon?

Best pubs in Perth (area)

I reckon Belgian Beer Cafe or Brass Monkey in Perth

Freo has to be the Norfolk or Sail and Anchor.

Summer sunday sundowners got to be the OBH in Cot.

Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Pub in Perth

Originally Posted by salohcin
So what do you reckon?

Dirty Nellies for me.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 1:52 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

So what do you reckon?

Belgian Beer Cafe will never see me again.
Legalised robbery the prices they charge!!!
Full of pretentious twats who obviously like being ripped off...!!!

Good pubs:

The Brass Monkey
The Elephant if you want a good old fashioned piss up
The Subi Hotel
Paddy's in Subiaco
The Oxford
The Paddo
The OBH
The Cot
Fibber McGees in Leederville
The Windsor in South Perth
The Moon & Sixpence in the city
A bit further north, The Greenwood. (Twice voted the best pub in Australia!)...

Freo:

The Sail And Anchor
Little Creatures
The Norfolk

And last but by no means least....

Rosie O'Grady's on the Canning Highway in South Perth.
Rosie's was my local.
A fine pub built in the 1920s which was ripped down this year because certain people were slipped back handers to keep it off the heritige list.
It's being replaced by a block of luxury units with a lovely view of the river!
Bastards!!!

Old Aug 12th 2006, 2:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scossie
Full of pretentious twats who obviously like being ripped off...!!!

Good pubs:

The Brass Monkey
The Elephant if you want a good old fashioned piss up
The Subi Hotel
Paddy's in Subiaco
The Oxford
The Paddo
The OBH
The Cot
Fibber McGees in Leederville
The Windsor in South Perth
The Moon & Sixpence in the city
A bit further north, The Greenwood. (Twice voted the best pub in Australia!)...

Freo:

The Sail And Anchor
Little Creatures
The Norfolk

And last but by no means least....

Rosie O'Grady's on the Canning Highway in South Perth.
Rosie's was my local.
A fine pub built in the 1920s which was ripped down this year because certain people were slipped back handers to keep it off the heritige list.
It's being replaced by a block of luxury units with a lovely view of the river!
Bastards!!!

I don't remember them chargin any more than anywhere else at Belgian Beer Cafe and I can't remember pretending to drink, most of it made it to my beer gut. In fact after an evening on Stella and Chimmay there's a lot I don't remember.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

shade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really niceshade8 is just really nice

I don't remember them chargin any more than anywhere else at Belgian Beer Cafe and I can't remember pretending to drink, most of it made it to my beer gut. In fact after an evening on Stella and Chimmay there's a lot I don't remember.

Brisbane hotel and the Queens on Beaufort st.
Mash & Elmers in the Swan Valley.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

little creatures

Swinging Pig Rocky
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:43 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Clancy's Fish Pub in Freo.

Great for kids, massive 'park' outdoor area for the kids to run riot. Good beer behind bar, and cafe sells fab food. A great place to spend the day drinking.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:45 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really a pub though is it? It's a Friday after work bar with no really great atmosphere. It is expensive ($13 for a bottle of Lucifer!) but most decent pubs & bars in Perth are more expensive than central London.

I like my 2 locals, The Kalamunda Hotel & the Last Drop Tavern. Both are a bit rough & ready but are very friendly & have a good atmosphere.

I used to like the Inglewood hotel & Queens when I lived in that area.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Last Drop has a nice beer or six
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:24 am
Just Joined

The Albion in Cot is worth a look.

They have a big barrel of free monkey nuts to munch on
and trays of bar snacks come round every so often.

Oh and the beers good too.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:26 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I like my 2 locals, The Kalamunda Hotel & the Last Drop Tavern. Both are a bit rough & ready but are very friendly & have a good atmosphere.
I've been in both & I liked them both.
Have you tried the Bok beer that they sell in The Last Drop?
Very nice session beer. One of my mates says it's the best beer he's ever tasted! Recommendations don't come much higher than that!

The Feral Brewery in The Swan Valley is a great place with some good beers as well.
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

I've been in both & I liked them both.
Have you tried the Bok beer that they sell in The Last Drop?
Very nice session beer. One of my mates says it's the best beer he's ever tasted! Recommendations don't come much higher than that!

The Feral Brewery in The Swan Valley is a great place with some good beers as well.

The Lucky Shag on the jetty in Perth CBD - by the swan river cruises. Run by Andy and we ate there regulary as were stopping nearby. Friendly atmostphere and great day or night. Especially if you make the effort and chat to the staff!

Can well recommend their home made pizzas, nachos & wedges!!! I'm hungry now just reminiscing!
Old Aug 13th 2006, 4:29 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Originally Posted by JosieJ
The Lucky Shag on the jetty in Perth CBD - by the swan river cruises. Run by Andy and we ate there regulary as were stopping nearby. Friendly atmostphere and great day or night. Especially if you make the effort and chat to the staff!

Can well recommend their home made pizzas, nachos & wedges!!! I'm hungry now just reminiscing!
Yup. Good pub, The Lucky Shag.
Forgot about that one. Hard to think of a better setting for a beer garden!
Chilli Mussels there are top quality...
Old Aug 13th 2006, 7:25 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Mullaloo Beach Hotel, sitting drinking in the sun with the ocean less than 100 metres away takes some beating.

Indian Ocean at Mindarie, just opened a week or so ago, without doubt the largest restaurant/bar I have seen so far in Perth. Very nice too.
Old Aug 13th 2006, 7:28 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
Mullaloo Beach Hotel, sitting drinking in the sun with the ocean less than 100 metres away takes some beating.
I love it there...especially when the suns going down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.