British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Best places to live in WA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/best-places-live-wa-879122/)

englishbird Jun 19th 2016 8:19 am

Best places to live in WA

I'm looking at living in the Fremantle area, what is Hamilton hill like? Can anyone suggest nice places in the area xx I know you lovely lot will be honest😁 tia x

Japonica Jun 20th 2016 12:00 am

Re: Best places to live in WA

We don't live in WA any longer, but unless Hamilton Hill has gone through some sort of redevelopment (and last I heard there were some projects going on), it probably wouldn't be first on my list. But then I'd drive through it on the way to Freo.

the troubadour Jun 20th 2016 1:20 am

Hammi Hill is hardly a choice area. Best get a rental short term and check out if it is to your liking. Closer in better but you pay a hefty price tag. Must it be in the Fremantle area?

irishbloo Jun 20th 2016 2:17 am

Originally Posted by englishbird (Post 11977462)
I'm looking at living in the Fremantle area, what is Hamilton hill like? Can anyone suggest nice places in the area xx I know you lovely lot will be honest😁 tia x

You really need to give us more information on yourself. Are you married,kids,do you like going out a lot etc or do you like peace and quiet.Where do you think you might be working.I can tell you a stack of nice places but they may not suit you.

Bermudashorts Jun 20th 2016 3:15 am

Originally Posted by englishbird (Post 11977594)
?????? Anyone

:blink: WA is enormous, I do not know how many times UK would fit into it, but it would be many. So firstly, I would recommend you do not get into the habit of using WA interchangeably with Fremantle or even Perth - your thread title could have even stopped people from reading further for that reason alone!

"Best area" is also very hard to answer. Not everyone can afford to live in the best area for example and what is best for one person might not be best for another. An idea of budget, where you will work, what you like to do in your spare time, how you feel about commuting etc. can help people to help you.

the troubadour Jun 20th 2016 5:07 am

All sound comments to date. I suspect wrong heading by OP the be the fault here.

As far as I am concerned not many burbs out of Fremantle would I personally pick as a place to live. All personal though. I have lived in the centre of Fremantle some years ago and found it a bit rough at nights. Fine in the day. Prices have escalated enormously since then though.
We really do need to know the status of OP in regards to if single or married or with kids in tow to provide more detailed info.
I wonder if the OP stayed in Freo as a backpacker? Just a thought.

brits1 Jun 20th 2016 6:39 am

Originally Posted by englishbird (Post 11977462)

Hi, Unless it has changed I would not live in Hamilton Hill, Hilton Willagee, Coolbellup. Spearwood/Coogee/South Lakes had some small nice pockets in their areas, Melville is a good area, Beeliar/Atwell and Success are newish areas and near to a decent shopping centre. The "better" areas for Fremantle are along Canning Hwy but are very costly, ie East Freo, Ardross, Attadale, Como, Booragoon, Mount Pleasant. Good luck with your search

englishbird Jun 20th 2016 7:27 am

Originally Posted by brits1 (Post 11978083)
Hi, Unless it has changed I would not live in Hamilton Hill, Hilton Willagee, Coolbellup. Spearwood/Coogee/South Lakes had some small nice pockets in their areas, Melville is a good area, Beeliar/Atwell and Success are newish areas and near to a decent shopping centre. The "better" areas for Fremantle are along Canning Hwy but are very costly, ie East Freo, Ardross, Attadale, Como, Booragoon, Mount Pleasant. Good luck with your search

Thank you that is helpful x

englishbird Jun 20th 2016 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Japonica (Post 11977924)
We don't live in WA any longer, but unless Hamilton Hill has gone through some sort of redevelopment (and last I heard there were some projects going on), it probably wouldn't be first on my list. But then I'd drive through it on the way to Freo.

Ha ha ok I'm coming to Freo in August do I will have to check it all out... can't see estate agents bring this honest that's why I posted x

the troubadour Jun 20th 2016 8:41 am

I expect cost will dictate living location in the end unless minted. Easily the best areas are as noted along the causeway.

Dave1892 Jun 20th 2016 12:03 pm

Hi englishbird.
We live in Palmyra which is the next burb down from east freo. We love it here, its quiet, very family orientated, it is very reasonably priced, and alot of the houses have a bit of character.
All the best with your move.

teza Jun 20th 2016 1:10 pm

Do you have a visa sorted out yet? Because looking at your past postings, hairdressing isn't going to get you to WA unless you have sponsor lined up?

the troubadour Jun 21st 2016 9:08 am

I'd be shocked if hairdressing still qualifies for entry..

teza Jun 21st 2016 10:09 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 11979188)
I'd be shocked if hairdressing still qualifies for entry..

It's on CSOL but not on WAs list...

the troubadour Jun 21st 2016 10:21 am

Originally Posted by teza (Post 11979246)
It's on CSOL but not on WAs list...

Amazing. More a question of what is not on the list. No wonder wages are not rising. Let alone hard to get jobs for those already here.