Best place to work in Australia

Best place to work in Australia

Old Mar 7th 2009, 5:18 pm
Banned

askanaan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best place to work in Australia

Hi,
Where is the best place to work in Australia ? specially for IT jobs
I mean by best place: Low traffic, decent salary, available housing, acceptable cost of living...

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2009, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Best place to work in Australia

Originally Posted by askanaan
Hi,
I mean by best place: Low traffic, decent salary, available housing, acceptable cost of living...

Thanks
none of the big cities have low traffic or low cost of living. if u want these u may consider regional areas but then they wont have IT jobs
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

As slippery30 says, I doubt any of the cities have what you're looking for.

As for "the best place to work in Australia"? Seriously, at the moment, *anywhere* where they'll offer you a job. Now is not really a time where people can be quite so picky over where they live/work. You take what you can get
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:01 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Where is the best place to work in Australia ?
Thanks
personally i`d say either a brothel or a brewery both places in the position of quality control
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
personally i`d say either a brothel or a brewery both places in the position of quality control
Not too sure about the brewery
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:44 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Not too sure about the brewery

Drink pop or a shandy then
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:51 am
Just Joined

DawnDay will become famous soon enoughDawnDay will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Thanks
Try looking at Data3 in Brisbane - they often have IT positions in Queensland
Old Mar 8th 2009, 3:05 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by slippery30
none of the big cities have low traffic or low cost of living. if u want these u may consider regional areas but then they wont have IT jobs
Thanks for all the replies,
I am currently living in UAE, where there are two big cities (AUH & DXB).
Anyhow AUH has less traffic than DXB, and a calmer lifestyle.
So could for example Melbourne be calmer than Sydney for example?

Is there a very nice city to live in ?

thanks

AK
Old Mar 8th 2009, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

DogSheba is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks
Rockhampton seems to fit your requirements
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:02 pm
Banned

thomas_reed is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Best place to work in Australia

Hi,

Thanks
You are taking about Heaven on Earth man. Practically speaking there is no such ideal place in this world.You need a job first then you can decide where the employer want you to settle up.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks
It used to be Perth, at least the rest fits your criteria.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 1:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for all the replies,
I am currently living in UAE, where there are two big cities (AUH & DXB).
Anyhow AUH has less traffic than DXB, and a calmer lifestyle.
So could for example Melbourne be calmer than Sydney for example?

Is there a very nice city to live in ?

thanks

AK
Hmmm.... interesting. You're calling Dubai and Abu Dhabi cities by their airport codes. Here is the quietness ranking of Australian cities from low to high..... SYD, MEL, BNE, PER, ADL, CBR, DRW and HBA. In terms of low traffic, availability of housing and acceptable cost of living.... all Australian cities are better than DXB and AUH, so no worries on that front. Decent salary? Well, how much do you earn now?
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:32 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by caliburn
Hmmm.... interesting. You're calling Dubai and Abu Dhabi cities by their airport codes. Here is the quietness ranking of Australian cities from low to high..... SYD, MEL, BNE, PER, ADL, CBR, DRW and HBA. In terms of low traffic, availability of housing and acceptable cost of living.... all Australian cities are better than DXB and AUH, so no worries on that front. Decent salary? Well, how much do you earn now?
Hi,
actually using airport codes is to reference cities is used too much in my work
I guess you are having a feel of how housing shortage is clear in UAE, anyhow now the shortage is beginning to ease, but still prices are going high.
Here I can make monthly saving of more than 2000 AUD. I heard in Australia its very difficult to make any savings unless the salary is over 100,000 AUD annually in a city like Sydney or Melbourne.
is that true? any experiences ?
Thanks
Old Mar 10th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,
actually using airport codes is to reference cities is used too much in my work
I guess you are having a feel of how housing shortage is clear in UAE, anyhow now the shortage is beginning to ease, but still prices are going high.
Here I can make monthly saving of more than 2000 AUD. I heard in Australia its very difficult to make any savings unless the salary is over 100,000 AUD annually in a city like Sydney or Melbourne.
is that true? any experiences ?
Thanks
DH earns over 100k AUD and we aren't able to save anything like $2k per month! His net pay is just under $6k per month (as he has to pay about $3k per month in tax). Wish we *could* save $2k per month though
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:00 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DogSheba
Rockhampton seems to fit your requirements
What about Gympie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.