Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Place for Plastering Work in Perth?

Best Place for Plastering Work in Perth?

Old May 15th 2011, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Best Place for Plastering Work in Perth?

Hi,

We are looking at making the move to Perth at the end of August this year and was wondering where would be the best area to look for Plastering jobs please?

Also, what kind of salary would we be looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Debbie
Old May 15th 2011, 10:54 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Place for Plastering Work in Perth?

Debbie
I am no expert but to get the ball rolling here is my tuppence worth. You will find many threads on here about the state of housing in Aus especially Perth. There are some pretty pessimistic views which I don't share but the reality is the housing market in Perth is the worse it's been in years. There is a massive over supply and houses arent selling fast. As such new builds are slowing. Some well established and knowledgeable brickies have posted who report pretty dire times. I would do a lot of research to see if there is any work.
Sorry.
Old May 16th 2011, 12:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Debbie
I am no expert but to get the ball rolling here is my tuppence worth. You will find many threads on here about the state of housing in Aus especially Perth. There are some pretty pessimistic views which I don't share but the reality is the housing market in Perth is the worse it's been in years. There is a massive over supply and houses arent selling fast. As such new builds are slowing. Some well established and knowledgeable brickies have posted who report pretty dire times. I would do a lot of research to see if there is any work.
Sorry.
My pal, a bricklayer had to go back to the UK as his gang was all let go when the work dried up about 3 months ago.
Old May 16th 2011, 12:49 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

There is no limited trade work and very limited need for older skilled migrants hence the immigration changes in June are designed to keep young WHV's in the country but keep out older imports so to speak.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:41 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Weebie
There is no limited trade work and very limited need for older skilled migrants hence the immigration changes in June are designed to keep young WHV's in the country but keep out older imports so to speak.
What do you mean by there is no limited trade work.
Old May 16th 2011, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Weebie
You have to compete with half of Ireland who currently are living here undercutting all the locals.

Construction work outside of housing is going crazy though, lots and lots of new mines, infrastructure and gas rigs going up
Old May 16th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by renth
My pal, a bricklayer had to go back to the UK as his gang was all let go when the work dried up about 3 months ago.
Did he manage to find work ok though back in UK? cos it aint to good here either at the mo.
Old May 16th 2011, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice

Thanks for your advise in this matter is not looking very hopeful from the construction side of things.

Yes, your right Lois the work situation is not to good here in the UK either but it is rather worrying going to the other side of the world to find it is just the same.

Debbie
Old May 16th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by debs1966
Thanks for your advise in this matter is not looking very hopeful from the construction side of things.

Yes, your right Lois the work situation is not to good here in the UK either but it is rather worrying going to the other side of the world to find it is just the same.

Debbie
Yeah i agree! the whole thing is quiet daunting as well as exciting, OH is a carpenter so will be in the same boat. Only my personal opinion but i think another 5 years it will be worse here in UK not better!
Old May 16th 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

I don't know about previous house building, but there seems to be alot of house building SOR particularily in Baldivis, Harrington waters, and Lakelands.

I would do a google and find out who are the major builders in these areas and contact them.