Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

BEST PLACE FOR MORE THAN 2 DOGS?

BEST PLACE FOR MORE THAN 2 DOGS?

Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:09 am
Just Joined

kate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the roughkate1973 is a jewel in the rough
Unhappy BEST PLACE FOR MORE THAN 2 DOGS?

Hi Everyone,

I am moving to aus in the beginning of 2010 and I am still torn between Sunshine Coast and Perth. The problem is that I have 2 small daxies and one rottweiller/husky mix, I definatly want to take all 3, but most councils only allow 2 dogs. It seems like Perth is more strict with this rule as in SSC you can get a permit for a third one (with a lot of hassle). Is this true or do you guys have other experiences?
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:34 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: BEST PLACE FOR MORE THAN 2 DOGS?

Originally Posted by kate1973
Hi Everyone,

I am moving to aus in the beginning of 2010 and I am still torn between Sunshine Coast and Perth. The problem is that I have 2 small daxies and one rottweiller/husky mix, I definatly want to take all 3, but most councils only allow 2 dogs. It seems like Perth is more strict with this rule as in SSC you can get a permit for a third one (with a lot of hassle). Is this true or do you guys have other experiences?
Yes, 2 dog max in residential areas unless you get a special licence such as breeders etc. Also depends if you are in a residential zone or on a farm etc.