Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best place to Change £'s for Oz $'s

Best place to Change £'s for Oz $'s

Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:48 am
Just Joined

steve_chal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best place to Change £'s for Oz $'s

I'm coming to Oz in just over two weeks for a visa validation and general look around. I'm bringing about £4,000 with me to pay for stuff such a house rental car rental etc. Where is the best place to get this changed, or is it better to just draw it out in lumps via atms in oz when needed or just use the credit cards.

Looking for advice as would rather pay the least in fees and exchange rates.

Any ideas welcomed.

Steve
Old Mar 6th 2009, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

mad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to beholdmad city fan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best place to Change £'s for Oz $'s

Originally Posted by steve_chal
I'm coming to Oz in just over two weeks for a visa validation and general look around. I'm bringing about £4,000 with me to pay for stuff such a house rental car rental etc. Where is the best place to get this changed, or is it better to just draw it out in lumps via atms in oz when needed or just use the credit cards.

Looking for advice as would rather pay the least in fees and exchange rates.

Any ideas welcomed.

Steve
hopefully someone will come along and correct me,but we have been here now for 7 weeks the 1st few weeks we were uising the uk credit card and and was told we was getting the better rate but I would love to know the answer to this one
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best place to Change £'s for Oz $'s

Originally Posted by mad city fan
hopefully someone will come along and correct me,but we have been here now for 7 weeks the 1st few weeks we were uising the uk credit card and and was told we was getting the better rate but I would love to know the answer to this one
Best thing to do IMO, would be to set up a free Aus account before you go and transfer the money in one or two lump sums via a trading house. I use XEtrade having found them offering the best rates. You need to open an account whihc takes a bit of time, but it's free, and then the cash is waiting there for you upon arrival. Moving the cash takes about 3-4 days to hit the Aus account.