Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Place To Buy School Books???

Best Place To Buy School Books???

Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of
Default Best Place To Buy School Books???

Hi Folks,

Can you tell me the best place to buy school books like dictionary,science etc etc shops or internet will be good.Will post my experience and update on life downunder soon

Thanks for youre time fancyfella and the tribe(Now living the dream).

P.S. YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future
Default Re: Best Place To Buy School Books???

Hi

We have been here nearly 6 months and just bought the first load of books for the boys schooling.

The school recommended Wooldridges and after speaking to some other parents, they did the same. Everything could be bought at the local shop or on the interent and therefore save having to go to different places.

By th eway, forgot to mention, we are in WA

Debs
Old Jan 19th 2007, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

fancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud offancyfella has much to be proud of

Hi There Debs,

Sorry i forgot to say we are in Victoria thanks for youre reply

Fancyfella and the tribe
Old Jan 19th 2007, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by fancyfella
Hi There Debs,

Sorry i forgot to say we are in Victoria thanks for youre reply

Fancyfella and the tribe
If the school offers a book pack I would buy it. The money that you save will be spent in extra petrol and stress going round to the shops looking for things with weird names that are on the list. Last year I did not get the book pack and it drove me mental

You could do a search for educational bookshops - I am sure you will be able to find the books you need there.
Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by debsy
If the school offers a book pack I would buy it. The money that you save will be spent in extra petrol and stress going round to the shops looking for things with weird names that are on the list. Last year I did not get the book pack and it drove me mental

You could do a search for educational bookshops - I am sure you will be able to find the books you need there.
Good luck
It all depends on what year your kids are in. When mine were in the lower years books form BigW were fine. Now, the youngest is in the last 2 years of school, then nit will be Woolridges as they stock the required text books
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:33 am
Living the nightmare

Dizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to allDizzillusioned is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debsy

Good luck
We also got the school bookpack so no trudging around at the last minute and taking the skanky ones left by everyone for me.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dizzillusioned
We also got the school bookpack so no trudging around at the last minute and taking the skanky ones left by everyone for me.
This year Wooldridges offered free home delivery if you got your order in by the deadline, it was all delivered last week, great.

However, before I placed my order I had a look on eBay, thinking maybe there will be some text books going - eldest is going into year 11 and the text books get really expensive now. There were heaps listed, I ordered a few and saved myself $100. As they've only had one year of use, they are all in good nick.

Also don't forget to ask friends/relatives with older children if they have text books they are willing to lend you/sell you secondhand.