Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best organic food delivery service in Sydney?

Best organic food delivery service in Sydney?

Old Nov 13th 2006, 7:39 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default Best organic food delivery service in Sydney?

G'day all,

Sick of going to the shops, I'm going to get involved with one of the many organic food delivery companies.

Can anyone recommend any specific companies? Needs to be one that'll do weekday evening deliveries for us.

Cheers,
Alex
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:12 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice4lex is just really nice
Default Re: Best organic food delivery service in Sydney?

Anyone?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:18 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 4lex
Anyone?
'Fraid I'm not in Sydney so can't help ... I use our local organic supplier here - they do veggie boxes.

Have you tried:

http://www.theorganicgrocer.com.au/?...FRiSTAodNnJECA

http://www.organics4u.com.au/

http://www.organicfood.com.au/Conten...g-Register.seo

http://www.evesgarden.com.au/main1.htm

http://www.greenpeople.org/FoodDelivery.html

http://www.ecoshop.com.au/ecodirectory/organic.htm

http://www.allorganiclinks.com/category/Food/49

Found them just by googling. Try them all and then you can let us know!

Last edited by iPom; Nov 14th 2006 at 3:20 am.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:26 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

G'day all,

Sick of going to the shops, I'm going to get involved with one of the many organic food delivery companies.

Can anyone recommend any specific companies? Needs to be one that'll do weekday evening deliveries for us.

Cheers,
Alex
We use www.butcher2u.com.au for meat (I think it is organic - just tastes good!). Excellent quality and exceptional service...

He has links on his site to other non-supermarket retailers like fruit/veggies etc.

We used Organics4u in the past, but found they could not understand simple delivery criteria - we are in a battleaxe block, so they needed to deliver via the rear lane. Our neighbour at the front was mightily peed off with constant deliveries to their address... Also (I presume most of the veggie/fruit guys are the same) they supplied mostly whatever was in season - although you could state what you wanted if available etc. Meaning you had to make up recipes depending on what they delivered that week...

Good luck!!
Steve
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:49 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

Originally Posted by iPom
Found them just by googling. Try them all and then you can let us know!
Thanks, I also found plenty googling, was just interested to know if anyone had experience of them. I will just jump in and try some if no-one's used them as yet.
Originally Posted by Steve
We used Organics4u in the past, but found they could not understand simple delivery criteria - we are in a battleaxe block, so they needed to deliver via the rear lane. Our neighbour at the front was mightily peed off with constant deliveries to their address... Also (I presume most of the veggie/fruit guys are the same) they supplied mostly whatever was in season - although you could state what you wanted if available etc. Meaning you had to make up recipes depending on what they delivered that week...
Thanks - this is the sort of thing I mean. We live an apartment block aswell, so they'll need to be able to understand delivery instructions. Ideally it'll be a company that uses the same delivery guy every time, courier companies always seem to leave a 'we missed you' card by default - they rarely even try the intercom
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:50 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I also found plenty googling, was just interested to know if anyone had experience of them. I will just jump in and try some if no-one's used them as yet.

Thanks - this is the sort of thing I mean. We live an apartment block aswell, so they'll need to be able to understand delivery instructions. Ideally it'll be a company that uses the same delivery guy every time, courier companies always seem to leave a 'we missed you' card by default - they rarely even try the intercom
You'll have to tape a note below the intercom so they can work it out.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 3:59 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

The butcher2u guy (Gary) is great, and delivers it all himself. He is really flexible to fit in delivery when it is best for you if at all possible.
If you use him - tell him Steve & Michelle in Gerard Lane, Cremorne recommended him - I may get a free cow or something!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:04 am
someone's had 'Alex'...

Originally Posted by iPom
You'll have to tape a note below the intercom so they can work it out.
lol. That might work if they even got close enough to see it...
Originally Posted by Steve
The butcher2u guy (Gary) is great, and delivers it all himself. He is really flexible to fit in delivery when it is best for you if at all possible.
If you use him - tell him Steve & Michelle in Gerard Lane, Cremorne recommended him - I may get a free cow or something!!
That I will. Split the cow with you mind
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:05 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
we are in a battleaxe block, so they needed to deliver via the rear lane.
What exactly is a battleaxe block?
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:11 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by chels
sounds a bit dodgy when you quote me like that!!

Basically (I think I am correct in saying) it is a house built in another house's garden.
We have pedestian access to the street that our address is on down the side of the original property, but actual entry to our place is via a completely different road out the back! Makes deliveries a nightmare

Steve Mich,
1234 This Street,
(Deliver via That Street to rear)
Cremorne

Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:15 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

So it should be:

Steve Mich,
In the back garden of 1233 This Street,
Cremorne

Mad! I have visions of you living in a shed.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:20 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

It's a house that has access via your driveway to the main street. Some battleaxe blocks can be very secluded.

Apparently the term comes from the block being the shape of a battleaxe.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:24 am
Full Throttle

So it should be:

Steve Mich,
In the back garden of 1233 This Street,
Cremorne.
Basically, yes!

Mad! I have visions of you living in a shed.
Yeah, the mower and old wheelbarrows are always getting in the way when I am cooking dinner for the girls on the camp stove!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 4:25 am
Full Throttle

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Apparently the term comes from the block being the shape of a battleaxe.
I think it is because the lady in the house next door is one!!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:14 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stevemich
I think it is because the lady in the house next door is one!!
What, my Mother-in-Law lives next door to you?