Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best month to arrive in Australia?

Best month to arrive in Australia?

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:41 pm
Merlot

Question Best month to arrive in Australia?

So far we are undecided what month is best for starting to look for work.

So far March is a good one but anyone any other offers?

I know the weather is a factor as is the cost of flying back. When did you get your cheapest quote for flying to Oz from UK?

Love to hear your thoughts.

The confused M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:45 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best month to arrive in Australia?

LOL you have been busy this evening haven't you.

Cheapest flights for us is definaitly june time. asked all the airlines this and june was the month for the cheapest flights.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:47 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by louise4
LOL you have been busy this evening haven't you.

Cheapest flights for us is definaitly june time. asked all the airlines this and june was the month for the cheapest flights.
Yep, got the wheels in motion for the move back now.

Funny you have said that as without looking into dates yet, my hubby's Birthday is in June! He would love to be back for then.

Are you back to Sydney?

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:50 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that is where we fell in love with australia, and although we have dabbled in maybe going somewhere else, my personal feelings is that sydney is where we need to be whilst we are still relatively young and then maybe moving elsewhere later on when the kids are off hand.

the job situation seems great at this time of year as well.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:52 pm
days go by n i wonder why

xxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to all

Just want to add that it wasn't xxxcooljessxxx that replied just then, but me coxfamuk - daughter had hijacked the forum without my knowledge
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:53 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I flew to Brisbane last year for £550 return with Singapore so I'd say that was pretty cheap.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:54 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We originally were looking at Feb/Mar - flight prices better, people back from Xmas/hols

Now it will be Apr-Jun (for different reasons) - I have noticed that offers, that are the lowest or v nearly, apply from flight starting nr the beginning of Apr. Don't know when these go on to, maybe June as louise4 suggests

I take it you are looking at next year, otherwise you will have to be v quick for this June?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

Have just realised that my original 'hard sell' post under the name of daughter xxxcooljessxxx did not get through, so apologies for confusing post above.

What I had originally said is that we voted Victoria (melbourne) because it is cosmopolitan, hip and a great place to be. Even if we didn't have children, we would have gone there. It really has a great load to offer - sports (grand prix, tennis open, commonwealth games next year etc.) plus it has culture (loads of art galleries and such), markets and everything is so easily accessible. All the beaches are within easy reach and during winter a two hour drive brings you to the ski slopes - what more could you ask for?
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

OK. I am going to have to admit to having a few wines too many - I have been posting on this thread when actually my original post was on Merlot's poll thread - god, I thought I was going mad, losing posts left right and centre. Sorry, this has got a bit benal. I will end it here - just ignore all my posts, I am clearly not making any sense - although my typing skills are amazing me!!!!
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:26 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

You drunk! Good effort.
Old Jun 8th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
OK. I am going to have to admit to having a few wines too many - I have been posting on this thread when actually my original post was on Merlot's poll thread - god, I thought I was going mad, losing posts left right and centre. Sorry, this has got a bit benal. I will end it here - just ignore all my posts, I am clearly not making any sense - although my typing skills are amazing me!!!!

I'll have whatever you are drinking,

Chris
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:04 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
I'll have whatever you are drinking,

Chris
Snap

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:05 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by walaj
We originally were looking at Feb/Mar - flight prices better, people back from Xmas/hols

Now it will be Apr-Jun (for different reasons) - I have noticed that offers, that are the lowest or v nearly, apply from flight starting nr the beginning of Apr. Don't know when these go on to, maybe June as louise4 suggests

I take it you are looking at next year, otherwise you will have to be v quick for this June?
Yep 2006 is the go, March to September prefered.

M

Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:12 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
Snap
Make mine a double please LOL
Need it at the mo

Ang
Old Jun 8th 2005, 8:21 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
Make mine a double please LOL
Need it at the mo

Ang
Same here

Spent Aug 2003 to March 2004 preparing to leave Oz for UK.

March 2004 to January 2005 trying to get settled and sorted in the UK.

February 2005 to March 2005 hating the cold winter nights.

March til now enjoying life but we both have itchy feet AGAIN!!!! :scared:

Make mine a double - double. We must be nuts.

M

Last edited by Merlot; Jun 8th 2005 at 8:28 pm. Reason: Said "buts" not "nuts"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.