Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best mobile phone network in Tasmania?

Best mobile phone network in Tasmania?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best mobile phone network in Tasmania?

does anybody have any recommendations for a mobile provider in Hobart?
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:39 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best mobile phone network in Tasmania?

Empty bean can and string ...

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
does anybody have any recommendations for a mobile provider in Hobart?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

not very good range though....any better options, anyone?
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:56 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

don't you need electricity before you can run a mobile phone network?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by brisnick
don't you need electricity before you can run a mobile phone network?
many thanks for your incisive input....when you go to school today try not to spend all your time giggling inanely at the back of the class.

has anybody else got any useful advice?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:54 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I've just spent a week driving round Tasmania and in a lot of places you could only get mobile reception with Telstra.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BKate
I've just spent a week driving round Tasmania and in a lot of places you could only get mobile reception with Telstra.

cheers-what about reception in Hobart?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:02 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

I think you'd probably have the choice of a few, vodafone, optus etc. But if you're going to be travelling around then definitly Telstra. My friend who wasn't with Telstra pretty much had no reception the whole time! If you go on to the network providers websites they have coverage maps and you can see where in Tasmania they get coverage.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BKate
I think you'd probably have the choice of a few, vodafone, optus etc. But if you're going to be travelling around then definitly Telstra. My friend who wasn't with Telstra pretty much had no reception the whole time! If you go on to the network providers websites they have coverage maps and you can see where in Tasmania they get coverage.
yes, i've seen the Tassie coverage maps, but have also seen uk coverage maps and experienced the reality of uk reception-maps tend to be a little optimistic!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:34 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
Empty bean can and string ...
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

are you moving to Tas ianandhelena?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

How can I mock ... ?

I'm from "THE" Isle of inbreds

Originally Posted by possoms
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

are you moving to Tas ianandhelena?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

vandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant futurevandiemen has a brilliant future

cheers-what about reception in Hobart?
Hi,

I lived in Hobart in 2003 and Telstra worked fine for me in Hobart and most of Tasmania too.

I believe there are other networks out there also so check those out too.

Good luck.

Van
Old Nov 30th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all

There isnt much choice really ( i live here by the way!)

Optus and Vodaphone tend to use the Telstra network anyway so really its best to go with Telstra.

If planning a move to Tasmania- give up on comparisons on stuff- they only tend to sell one brand of everything !!!! ( dont even get me started on shoes !!!!)

Ofcourse in Tassie you do have a choice- its just a choice of whether you will buy one or two of them !!!!!!

Nat xx
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:40 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

oooooohh!!

many thanks for your incisive input....when you go to school today try not to spend all your time giggling inanely at the back of the class.

has anybody else got any useful advice?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

are you moving to Tas ianandhelena? [/QUOTE]

yes we are-what about you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.