Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Mobile phone company in Perth

Best Mobile phone company in Perth

Old Sep 19th 2005, 8:40 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Best Mobile phone company in Perth

Hi,

Moving to Perth in early October and thinking that one of the first things I should get sorted is a mobile phone.

Do the companies operate the same way as in the UK? ie. You are forced to pay $x per month but get y minutes of calls thrown in. Is there the equivalent of Virgin out there (I know Virgin mobile are there, but they don't seem to offer same deal as the UK) where you only pay for the calls you make by way of a Direct Debit (what is the Oz equivalent of a direct debit?)

Do they all cover all of Oz, or do some offer better coverage than others?

Any thoughts on better companies appreciated.

Thanks
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:12 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Mobile phone company in Perth

When we got John Masons in to quote for shipping they gave us a pin number for www.movingplanet.net - if you can get hold of that and sign up there is an offer for free Vodafone sim card with $30 credit on it, once it arrives you just activate it on line.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:20 pm

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bridiej
When we got John Masons in to quote for shipping they gave us a pin number for www.movingplanet.net - if you can get hold of that and sign up there is an offer for free Vodafone sim card with $30 credit on it, once it arrives you just activate it on line.
erm. yeah. uh. I managed to pack that CD!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:23 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

When you get here, grab a couple of cheap optus pay as you go phones, if your ringing each other its free!!!
Very handy shopping with the kids, give them one keep the other and hey presto you can find them in the cavenous shopping malls we have.

Our 2 phones have done us proud, I think if you top up say $10 you get 100mins, just looking at my phone and it saying I have 694 mins left, so may be 1000 per $10. Check it out, you can eithr opt for free messages or call time go call time and at least you can chat to each other for nowt!

Hope that helps Jenny
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:03 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

www.bdigital.com.au
My partner works for these guys, they seem to have some pretty good Mobile,Fixed Line and Broadband deals, especially when you bundle more than one of them together.
Steve
Old Sep 20th 2005, 6:45 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
erm. yeah. uh. I managed to pack that CD!
PMSL!
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

Where is the best place to get an Optus pay as you go sim card
Old Sep 20th 2005, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by rossfive5
Where is the best place to get an Optus pay as you go sim card
You can buy them in any of the aforementioned cavernous shopping malls!! or the post office!!

I'm with Optus, can't fault them!!

love sophia xx
Old Sep 20th 2005, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by sophia
You can buy them in any of the aforementioned cavernous shopping malls!! or the post office!!

I'm with Optus, can't fault them!!

love sophia xx
Thanks for the tips everybody. Optus looks like my first port of call and then I can look into the other suggestions in more detail. Free mobile-mobile calls seems very attractive. I assume you can use your own phone and just pick up an Optus SIM?