Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Melbourne coffee

Best Melbourne coffee

Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

naomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nicenaomijmoore is just really nice
Default Best Melbourne coffee

The coffee in Melbourne is undoubtabley amazing - but I would be really interested to here which are people's favourite coffee shops?

I'll make my own nominations: Switchboard and Brother Baba Budan - both in the city - excellent cooffee and great, friendly and relaxed atmosphere.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

jonbontempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Melbourne coffee

Brother Bada Budan is excellent, but I'd recommend trying the 'Seven Seeds' coffee shop in Carlton (off Queensberry Street near Victoria Market). This is the best coffee I've tasted in the city and it's a pretty cool venue to boot!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

liclgl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best coffee

The best coffee, without any competition, is The one I make at home...
Old Dec 28th 2009, 3:55 am
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

Any cafe that is not part of a major chain
Old Dec 28th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Please tell us of your local suburban coffee shops.

I can't remember the name but, there is a wonderful little shop tucked away into a corner at the Mountain Gate Shopping Centre on the way up to Ferntree Gully. They import all their own beans and even conduct 'Barrista' training.

You really do not understand how high quality Melbourne coffee is, until you can't access it. I have been offshore since the start of August 09 between West and East Africa...currently between Mogadishu and Kampala and struggling to find any place that can serve better than 'NESCAFE"!!..eeesh!

Shortly to be corrected though, taking a week and a half in Maputo, Mozambique to spend some time with the wife and her family...aaaahh coffee...and wife!

Espresso duplo....por favor!! The 'Pork and Cheese' left a wonderful legacy of great coffee in Mozambique..the best I have found in Africa. Espresso..sitting on a sidewalk in Maputo outside a pasteleria...will be pretty damn fine!

Last edited by JR230898; Dec 28th 2009 at 11:41 am.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

koalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond reputekoalakim has a reputation beyond repute

Our favourite coffee is at Cafe Provedore in Mt Martha.....booootiful!