Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best medical insurer for orthodontic (braces or plate) :)

Best medical insurer for orthodontic (braces or plate) :)

Old Mar 5th 2010, 3:38 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Best medical insurer for orthodontic (braces or plate) :)

Hi all ,

I'm currently insured with HBF and my daughter (9) is either going to need a brace or a plate, she just has one tooth that sits back, does anyone the best insurer? I'm thinking of changing from HBF if i can get the waiting period wavered,,,,HBF will pay out $500 dollars max a year for the next 3 years,,,,thanks everyone in advance x
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:57 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Dawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to beholdDawn is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best medical insurer for orthodontic (braces or plate) :)

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all ,

I'm currently insured with HBF and my daughter (9) is either going to need a brace or a plate, she just has one tooth that sits back, does anyone the best insurer? I'm thinking of changing from HBF if i can get the waiting period wavered,,,,HBF will pay out $500 dollars max a year for the next 3 years,,,,thanks everyone in advance x
????
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:22 am
ABCDiamond

I am not sure there is a really good one.

When we discussed this with our orthodontist, he told us how much we would get back on insurance, and basically that it wasn't worth it, just for that alone.

Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:26 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I am not sure there is a really good one.

When we discussed this with our orthodontist, he told us how much we would get back on insurance, and basically that it wasn't worth it, just for that alone.
Ahh thanks ABC youve come to my rescue once again were moving over your side soon
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn
Hi all ,

So what you want to do is buy insurance for an expensive claim that you know you are going to make.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:34 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Originally Posted by NedKelly
So what you want to do is buy insurance for an expensive claim that you know you are going to make.
No!!!! maybe i didnt explain myself properly??

Ive been with HBF for 3 years now as have been told some insurance companys are better than others when it comes to Orthodontics and it may be worth changing in the long run, i know MBF and some others you dont have to wait - as an incentive, if you moving over from another fund that you have been paying into for sometime which i have! so was just asking if anyone know any insurers in that case that i would be better suited too,

Thanks for your help
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:52 am
ABCDiamond

I read that the GMHBA - Gold Cover is a good one... but...

Orthodontics Cover
Claim up to $450 per year with a lifetime limit of $2,900
Premium $912 per year extras cover only.

http://www.gmhba.com.au

They currently waive the 2 month waiting period, but NOT for orthodontics.

I recently paid out about $7,000 for the invisalign braces/aligners

Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:52 am
Arrived Perth June 2006

Hi ABC,

Thanks so much for that!!! ive been looking myself, think ill stay with HBF, seem as good as any yikes to $7000 - just one of those things that has to be done i suppose have a fab day