Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Landline Phone/Broadband deal

Best Landline Phone/Broadband deal

Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all
Default Best Landline Phone/Broadband deal

Hi

Any ideas, need a landline, with cheap calls UK, also need broadband pref wireless, so there is no fighting!

Thanks
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:50 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Landline Phone/Broadband deal

Originally Posted by LUNANBAY
Hi

Any ideas, need a landline, with cheap calls UK, also need broadband pref wireless, so there is no fighting!

Thanks
Whirlpool has all the answers...
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DrWho
Whirlpool has all the answers...
Thanks Doctor!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

swissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to allswissfabs is a name known to all

Hi,

Broadband depedns on where you are, check with ur phone number on whirlpool who has got ADSL2 in your area.

Then get VOIP on top of that. Mynetfone is great, i run a biz and im superbly happy with it. They have special deals for whirlpool mynetfone.com/whirlpool (or .com.au)

I am on IINET package with landline (could go on Naked, where they remove your landline but then need to use their VOIP, more expensive) and I have mynetfone and i pay 10 cents unlimited to switzerland (it cuts off after 2h but just hang up and call back).

Hope that helps! any question, PM me. I did heaps of research about that stuff!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks
If you end up not being able to have broadband you might need to do the same as us and get mobile broadband. If this is the case we are with 3 and although their customer service is lousy the deal isn't too bad. We had no option as can't get ADSL or cable.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

iiNet have good deals at the moment, just moved from optus who have taken the p##s out of us as regards a credit, worst customer service i have received in Oz or anywhere.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
If you end up not being able to have broadband you might need to do the same as us and get mobile broadband. If this is the case we are with 3 and although their customer service is lousy the deal isn't too bad. We had no option as can't get ADSL or cable.
How does that work then? do you still need a fixed line rental? ie the line from the street to your house?
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
How does that work then? do you still need a fixed line rental? ie the line from the street to your house?
No, no fixed line. You get a usb or data card to put into your computer and away you go. We have ours in the main computer in the house and then everyone can use it through the wirless system. As my husband is an I.T consultant and works from home we have ended up getting three of them as the maximum size you can get is 7Gb and we generally use around 18Gb a month.

So we have ended up cancelling our fixed home phone line too and have now got a mobile as the home phone. The cap plan is around the same as the monthly line rental with telstra but it includes up to $130 of calls so works out cheaper in the end anyhow.

As time goes on and mobile broadband gets better and faster I can see there being no need to go onto a fixed one. The big advantage is if you move house then it just goes with you.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Wall.E is an unknown quantity at this point

don't know but if anybody have heard of TPG, it's good with reasonable prices.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wall.E
don't know but if anybody have heard of TPG, it's good with reasonable prices.
We used TPG in our last house and they were very cheap at the time. Would have used them again had we been able to access broadband
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

lazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant future

What ever you do AVOID TELSTRA at all costs!!!!! I was told that and thought they cant be that bad and the person telling me must have just had a bad experience but trust me.....I have never experienced such an absolute abortion of a service from any company anywhere in the world EVER!! They have no idea about their own products and services, are totally incompitent in every possible way, they have directly lied to me and charged me double what they said they would. Their customer service is absolutley laughable. For a communications company I was amazed to find that not one of their service team could write an email in any kind of english that made any sense at all and to top the lot they repeatedly sent me customer satisfaction surveys that wouldnt open due to an error on their web page.

Absolutley DIRE in every way!

AVOID TELSTRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

lazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant futurelazerzxr has a brilliant future

No seriously......I mean it......AVOID TELSTRA or you will go insane with trying to sort them out.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

Chocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the roughChocolate_Teapot is a jewel in the rough

I agree avoid Bigpond especially wireless its dog slooooow.
I am with TPG and all is well speed is good as well.
TPG has new plans that are 50gb for $49.99 per month very reasonable.
I have heard that Virgin is slow as well.
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

We're with Westnet which is now owned by iinet.... dont find it that expensive

And yes, avoid Telstra, our phone bills used to be astronomical and we hardly ever used the phone!!
Old Oct 21st 2008, 4:53 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Hi

Thanks
It doesn't matter who has the best deal if you keep being told there are no free ports at the exchange. We have been trying for 5 weeks with Westnet. Our home phone was installed in 2 days through them and customer service is excellent but that doesn't help me much at the moment regarding the internet..

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding alternative broadband options please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.