Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best laid plans !

Best laid plans !

Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road
Default Best laid plans !

I was just wondering whilst viewing posts on this board, how many applicants have decided to apply and thought "well it will be stressfull but i know the procedure and can cope with that"...........only for it throw up loads of surprises and problems you never saw coming.
Personally our oldes son has decided to become a moron wrote off two cars in three weeks spent all his money, chucked his job, decided he is not coming, decided he is coming, decided hes not coming, decided he is coming,.....sure you get the picture.......got his job back, fallen in love now wants to come validate and go back to be with his girlfriend.
Loads of other minor itches have surfaced.
Any stories to trade so we can try and laugh at it all cos sometimes it feels that try as we might there is a hidden force trying to knacker things up.
THE SUDDS
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:28 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best laid plans !

Originally Posted by sudds
I was just wondering whilst viewing posts on this board, how many applicants have decided to apply and thought "well it will be stressfull but i know the procedure and can cope with that"...........only for it throw up loads of surprises and problems you never saw coming.
Personally our oldes son has decided to become a moron wrote off two cars in three weeks spent all his money, chucked his job, decided he is not coming, decided he is coming, decided hes not coming, decided he is coming,.....sure you get the picture.......got his job back, fallen in love now wants to come validate and go back to be with his girlfriend.
Any stories to trade so we can try and laugh at it all cos sometimes it feels that try as we might there is a hidden force trying to knacker things up.
THE SUDDS
Oh mate sounds like a nightmare - all I can say is I`ll send you some karma
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

THE SUDDS
OMG....we've got a 7 month old boy, and they say it gets easier as they get older....Can we stick at 7 months please!!!!
Old Mar 24th 2005, 6:37 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

THE SUDDS
I happen to agree with you and I bet many more will too. We have applied with my two children from my marriage who there father did not agree with in the 1st place to finally get round that hurdle.
To have my husbands 3 daughter to be put on the application to have mother making it very diificult for them (knew she would). Telling them they will hate it in oz without there REAL mother around. So just 1 wants to go at the moment. That my husband is so out of order to be leaving the country and not caring about his girls. He has 4 girls the oldest is married but we have put all of the others on visa application. 1 of his daughters lives with us but one miunte she wants to come then she don`t, then she does etc etc. But has now got a boyfriend doesn`t want to leave him etc. Then wants to go to oz, she said she will kick herself if she doesn`t take this oppotnity to go. She is 16, just doing her exams. But her mother has informed my husband tonight that she will do her damn hardest to make sure that none of the girls come to Oz with us, not even for a holiday. My husband then said why would you do that only because you are frightened that they will love it in Oz and you will be on your own. Hit the nail on the head or what one very jealous woman.

And to top it all off we are having nothing but hassle with centerlink. I know we will get to Oz one day and the quicker the better, time goes so fast in days but the immigration process itself seems to drag and there is nothing you can do. We put in for our visas July, Medicals Sept. everything haded over to centerlink Sept and we are still waiting to get the YES.

On top of that we have had the house on the market since Oct and dropped it bt 10k yesterday that has been a total 35K, to try and sell it.
We started at 375K and are now down to 340K. So i think it is all sent to try us.But it will all be worth it in the end. I hope so anyway.
Old Mar 24th 2005, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Cool Re: Best laid plans !

Tell me about it !!

Firstly we applied at completely the wrong time - just as they were changing procedures and had to watch all the people who applied months after us getting their visas whilst ours hadnt even been looked at.
Then we had loads of hassles with Centrelink who had just taken over the assurer stuff and were already months behind.

Then after getting the visa we put the house on the market and had the first buyers pull out after 2 weeks, the 2nd after 11 weeks (!!) and the 3rd mucking us about aswell.

Sometimes it makes you wonder if someone is trying to tell you that its not a good idea !!

Each day I just take a deep breath, smile and tell myself that it will all be worth it in the end. We are hoping to exchange next week ( although i have been saying this for 3 weeks now !) and then I am going to book my flights and then NOTHING is going to stop me .
aaaaahhhh- sorry just had to get that off my chest !!!!!

Nat
Old Mar 26th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

sudds is on a distinguished road

Latest development........wifes sister has decided to get married in September. We hope to be in Australia by end of July.......she says " as you have a year to validate you can stay for the wedding as i want the girls (my daughters) to be bridesmaids........WE DONT THINK SO !.......would like to be at the wedding but our finanaces will not stretch to hanging around once the visa is granted.
Trying to explain that this is a long drawn out process and once permission is granted we want to be away seems to generate massive reasons from others why we can put it off.......with three teenagers all going to get on the plane with us at the minute we need to be away.
Any one else finding subversive sabotage a problem to their plans
THE SUDDS