Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best indian take away in perth

best indian take away in perth

Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

juri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best indian take away in perth

I have tried loads but haven't found an excellent one yet.
Masala at mindari -average, npoor? Hepburn ave -average. Girawheen take away( set meal troughs)- good. Canning vale take away (set meal troughs) good. Balajura coriander leaf? average. South Perth by winton rd -poor.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 12:21 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best indian take away in perth

Originally Posted by juri
I have tried loads but haven't found an excellent one yet.
Masala at mindari -average, npoor? Hepburn ave -average. Girawheen take away( set meal troughs)- good. Canning vale take away (set meal troughs) good. Balajura coriander leaf? average. South Perth by winton rd -poor.
Best curry house in Perth is Nine Mary's (West end of the City near QV1), the crayfish massala is yummy, other ones worth trying are Royal India (West Perth), Chutney Marys (Subiaco), Punjab in Innaloo isnt bad.
Most of these places should do a take away if thats your preference.
The best tasting Indian ive had here is the small one in the food court in the Subiaco Pavillion Markets, $8.50 for a plate of rice, 2 meats, 2 vegies and a papadum. the Beef Vindaloo, and Potato Bhaji are the picks.
Steve
Old Mar 20th 2006, 2:17 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

steve mentioned the best ones. I liked Chutney Marys but thought the menu was limited and didn't like the fact you couldn't book a table. Personally I have left the curries behind and found Thai food. There is a great little Thai place near us in Marmion and I would crawl over the best curry house in England to get to it.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 2:30 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
steve mentioned the best ones. I liked Chutney Marys but thought the menu was limited and didn't like the fact you couldn't book a table. Personally I have left the curries behind and found Thai food. There is a great little Thai place near us in Marmion and I would crawl over the best curry house in England to get to it.
a mate of ours took us to Chutney Marys last time we visited, but I was appalled to find you had to pay for the poppadoms and each individual chutney for the poppadoms!
the meat in the curry wasnt that great either - quite stringy and gristly.
wasnt very impressed to be honest.
service was a bit so-so as well.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 3:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, there are some really good Thai places here, We like the Sala Thai in Freo and the Dusit right down the far end of James Street in Northbridge.
We generally stick to Nine Mary's for an Indian now, they changed the menu a couple of months back and theres some really different things on the menu now that you wont find anywhere else over here. Its definitely worth a try.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Very good one on Cambridge Street in Wembley.

Can't remember the exact name - Royal Shalamar?? - something along those lines.

Anyhow - it's quite small - near to the Wembley Hotel (344 Cambridge Street)
Old Mar 20th 2006, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

The Masala at Clarkson is awful!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Chutney Marys is okish.............bit of a trek for us though!!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 1:38 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Very good one on Cambridge Street in Wembley.

Can't remember the exact name - Royal Shalamar?? - something along those lines.

Anyhow - it's quite small - near to the Wembley Hotel (344 Cambridge Street)
I think I know the one you mean, vagually remember seeing it when we went past on the bus a while back, is it just a take away or can you dine in?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Chutney Marys is okish.............bit of a trek for us though!!)
Yeah it's my last resort of the ones I mentioned, its handy for somewhere to end up after drinks after work
Old Mar 21st 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a great little Thai place near us in Marmion and I would crawl over the best curry house in England to get to it.
For a good Indian, I can highly recommend

GoGo's Madras Curry House
556 Beaufort St Mt Lawley WA 6050

Better than Ch. Mary's IMHO.

Can you give me the name of the Thai restaurant in Marmion NorthernBird? Struggling to find one up north. Speaking of Thai restaurants, Ploy Thai Cuisine 65 A Eighth Ave Maylands WA 6051 has amazing food!
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:26 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacko_22
For a good Indian, I can highly recommend

GoGo's Madras Curry House
556 Beaufort St Mt Lawley WA 6050

Better than Ch. Mary's IMHO.

Can you give me the name of the Thai restaurant in Marmion NorthernBird? Struggling to find one up north. Speaking of Thai restaurants, Ploy Thai Cuisine 65 A Eighth Ave Maylands WA 6051 has amazing food!

Krayaharn Thai
Shop 15, Marmion Village, Sheppard Way, Marmion
Tel: 9243-0323

Its yummy
Old Mar 21st 2006, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Jacko_22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers!