Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best guess on time line please help

best guess on time line please help

Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:47 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default best guess on time line please help

[F][/FONT]
can any one help me please? i have applied (14th nov 06 ) for Oz, my occupation is on the demand list, i have more than enough points and £££ i also have a job offer which is valid until end may 2007, now my agent is telling me not to worry and they will chase it up mid Feb. i got the acknowledgement on the on 14th dec 2006 and my credit card was debited on the 2nd Jan 07. ok i no its a guess but dose any one think i will 1. get a case officer before my job offer runs out ? and the 64 thousand $ question can any one give me an eta for the visa ? will it be this year?

thanks

tony
Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:51 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best guess on time line please help

Have a look at www.austimeline.com and search the visa apps for similar circumstances to yours. This should give you some idea on how things have been moving recently.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hcmcman
[F][/FONT]
can any one help me please? i have applied (14th nov 06 ) for Oz, my occupation is on the demand list, i have more than enough points and £££ i also have a job offer which is valid until end may 2007, now my agent is telling me not to worry and they will chase it up mid Feb. i got the acknowledgement on the on 14th dec 2006 and my credit card was debited on the 2nd Jan 07. ok i no its a guess but dose any one think i will 1. get a case officer before my job offer runs out ? and the 64 thousand $ question can any one give me an eta for the visa ? will it be this year?

thanks

tony
Are you going for a skilled visa or employer sponsored?

There can be quite a difference in times.

Debs
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:47 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser
Are you going for a skilled visa or employer sponsored?

There can be quite a difference in times.

Debs
sorry thought i said , i am going for skilled visa, my occupation is on the demand list and everything seems to be perfect (all the requirments) any idea's
Old Jan 28th 2007, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

woody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant futurewoody1cruiser has a brilliant future

sorry thought i said , i am going for skilled visa, my occupation is on the demand list and everything seems to be perfect (all the requirments) any idea's
Can't help you I'm afraid as I came over on a work sponsorship. Have you tried posting on the immigration part of the site to talk to others in the same boat or further along the line?

Debs

Last edited by woody1cruiser; Jan 28th 2007 at 4:57 am. Reason: spelling errors
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

[F][/FONT]

thanks

tony
Hi Tony, there are a couple of timelines which may help as well as austimeline. Then you could track how near to december applicants it gets - hope these help:
http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visaapps/april-june06.htm
and
http://www.be-forum.co.uk/clippies.htm

You may be very close to May for grant - are your agents frontloading your pccs and meds for a quicker grant???
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:14 am
been here b4

Angry Re: best guess on time line please help

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
Hi Tony, there are a couple of timelines which may help as well as austimeline. Then you could track how near to december applicants it gets - hope these help:
http://www.be-forum.co.uk/visaapps/april-june06.htm
and
http://www.be-forum.co.uk/clippies.htm

You may be very close to May for grant - are your agents frontloading your pccs and meds for a quicker grant???
thanks for the reply the agent (live in australia) dont seem to be the best in the bus, but they have told me after i asked to fromt load meds and pcc when a co is assigned
Old Jan 28th 2007, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the reply the agent (live in australia) dont seem to be the best in the bus, but they have told me after i asked to fromt load meds and pcc when a co is assigned
They tend to advise that to save you money...ours said the same, but when i said i dont mind throwing a tenner away for the pcc;s he was fine about it. He said he just didnt want us losing a big whack with the meds.

If you look at the timeline, especially the may/june one, eg...we are mid-june applicants,got a co begin of dec, pccs already done,meds done 2 weeks later and now we are just waiting. Its 7months for us, as are many of the 136ers, still waiting for grant...thats why I said you could be pushing it. Mention to your agent again that you would like to front load and give them the reasons why including saying you dont mind losing approx £800 in the process. Its your call mate, you employ them for their advice and direction...if you choose to take the advice thats up to you.

have you been on this thread for their opinions???
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405128
or
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413375

Last edited by CathnPaul; Jan 28th 2007 at 6:28 am.