Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The best flight?

The best flight?

Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice
Default The best flight?

Hi everyone,
In your opinion who is the best to fly with?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:54 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The best flight?

Originally Posted by ormrod7
Hi everyone,
Based on my Grand Total of 3 flights (2 with a baby), Singapore Airlines ... not a problem to report.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:57 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

I would second Singapore airlines
Old Sep 1st 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

ormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really niceormrod7 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Based on my Grand Total of 3 flights (2 with a baby), Singapore Airlines ... not a problem to report.
Are they very good with children we have a little boy of 7? Plus is the leg room good as my husband and myself are quite tall?
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Are they very good with children we have a little boy of 7? Plus is the leg room good as my husband and myself are quite tall?
I can only compare Singapore and Malaysia - we preferred Singapore. Legroom was fine, but then I'm only 5' 10"!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:22 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Can't compare leg-room (I recommend bulkhead seats if you value your legs) but I can't fault the cabin staff at all. We had an 18 month-old and it was as painless as it could be.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Can't compare leg-room (I recommend bulkhead seats if you value your legs) but I can't fault the cabin staff at all. We had an 18 month-old and it was as painless as it could be.
Totally agree with other threads Singapore airlines
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

I'm not convinced about bulkhead seats - I get the impression there's more "arm reach" than leg-room, as there's no seat in front to tuck your legs under.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:33 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

bulkhead may well be good for a bit of extra space, but if travelling with very young children then consider the noise factor. We had those seats with our 9mth old and it was a hassle with people going in and out (when the curtains were closed) to the loo etc. and the hostesses in and out getting peoples drinks and stuff. The little one struggled to settle. One the way back we sat upstairs and it was brilliant! Quiet and you get your food quicker! Trouble is I think most airlines keep those seats for first / business class. South African Airlines are my favourite (because we get to sit upstairs) but as they probably won't do UK - Oz..... here's another vote for Singapore Airlines. Can't fault them.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:50 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Excellent with kids. Bulkhead is good for extra space, but as other posters have noted, there is no seat in front to stash your stuff under, and the constant movement of staff and passengers can be an issue. You can find a comparison table / information on seat pitch here.

My husband is 6'4" and prefers the bulkhead seats but has travelled in "normal" economy seats with Singapore without too many problems.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:52 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,
We're frequent flyers with Emirates and have great flights with them.
The entertainment sytem on the Boeing 777's are amazing. 500 channels of movie, which you can start and stop even rewind whenever it suits you.

They fly from Birmingham which is much easier to get to for us than having to trek down to London and the M25 etc etc.

Living here in Perth and writing about the M25 has just made me realise how fantastic the traffic is here! God, how I hated the M25... all that queuing from St Albans through Watford to junction 19 everyday (anti-clockwise) is it still as bad these days? Have they got all the new lanes open around by Heathrow, or is it still causing long traffic jams everyday?

For those who don't know... the Mitchell Freeway in Perth has the train line running up the middle of the motorway. Sure the freeway is busy during the rush hour, but NOTHING LIKE the M25!

Neil.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:04 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
We're frequent flyers with Emirates and have great flights with them.
Have used QANTAS long haul a few times and the last time (2004) they were good. All other times before that they were crap.

Since then I've stuck to Singapore and they have been faultless to Adelaide.

Incidentally check the routes and not just the prices when you book. For example if you fly to ADL from SIN with QANTAS they make a stop in Darwin which is a right royal pain in the arse. The same trip with Singapore is painless and they fly direct to ADL in a huge comfortable Boeing 777, which in my opinion is just about the best aircraft flying these days.

It's a shame Emirates don't fly to ADL as I used them a couple of times from UK to India and they were outstanding and probably the best carrier I have ever been with.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rab
Have used QANTAS long haul a few times and the last time (2004) they were good. All other times before that they were crap.

Since then I've stuck to Singapore and they have been faultless to Adelaide.

Incidentally check the routes and not just the prices when you book. For example if you fly to ADL from SIN with QANTAS they make a stop in Darwin which is a right royal pain in the arse. The same trip with Singapore is painless and they fly direct to ADL in a huge comfortable Boeing 777, which in my opinion is just about the best aircraft flying these days.

It's a shame Emirates don't fly to ADL as I used them a couple of times from UK to India and they were outstanding and probably the best carrier I have ever been with.
I have not been o emirates but i am sure they use a 3 4 3 pitch on thier 777 opposed to the 3 3 3 of singapore airlines would i be right?
raven
Old Sep 1st 2006, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raven
I have not been o emirates but i am sure they use a 3 4 3 pitch on thier 777 opposed to the 3 3 3 of singapore airlines would i be right?
raven
I think the seats are a standard width, and you couldn't fit in a 3 4 3 on a 777 (unless the aisles were incredibly narrow!). Malaysia use 2 5 2 on the 777 for some bizarre reason (I think they're the only ones who do). "Pitch" refers specifically to the longitudinal distance along the aircraft (i.e. from seat back to seat back), rather than the width across the aircraft.
Old Sep 4th 2006, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey
I think the seats are a standard width, and you couldn't fit in a 3 4 3 on a 777 (unless the aisles were incredibly narrow!). Malaysia use 2 5 2 on the 777 for some bizarre reason (I think they're the only ones who do). "Pitch" refers specifically to the longitudinal distance along the aircraft (i.e. from seat back to seat back), rather than the width across the aircraft.
Go check out airliners .net go to the search page choose boeing 777 200 series emirates airlines and cabin views u will clearly see a 3 4 3 configuration on the 777
Raven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.