Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Engineering agencies on Sunshine Coast?

Best Engineering agencies on Sunshine Coast?

Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all
Talking Best Engineering agencies on Sunshine Coast?

Hi.

Been here now 4 weeks, the holiday period is now over so need to start earning some dollars.

Can anyone recommend any good agencies for mechanical engineers for either contract or permanent positions?

Looking for work within a 50km radius of Maroochydore if possible.

Thanks.

Pete.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:55 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Best Engineering agencies on Sunshine Coast?

Hi Pete,

Thought that this would be a good start and a place to look but am unsure of specific agencies.

http://www.careerone.com.au/

How does the job market look out there?

Rob
Old Jan 8th 2006, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Pete,

Once I arrived on the Sunshine Coast I picked up the local yellow pages and went through all the Electrical Firms that had an email address and sent them a copy of my CV. Within a couple of days I got a phone call and after a short interview landed a job. Not sure if this approach would work for you but worth a go for not very much effort.

good luck with the job hunting,

Neil
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

jagsy is an unknown quantity at this point

www. seek.com.au

www.byron.com.au

www.jda.com.au

Hays were OK, but Michael Page much better.

Good luck.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:38 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jagsy
www. seek.com.au

www.byron.com.au

www.jda.com.au

Hays were OK, but Michael Page much better.

Good luck.
Oh Jagsy,
you started me looking through all the jobs and wishing I was in Oz

Now where is my CV?

Bye
Mark
Old Jan 8th 2006, 7:42 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Try www.techstaff.com.au

Good luck!

W.
Old Jan 8th 2006, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Hi,

Try www.techstaff.com.au

Good luck!

W.
Thanks. will give them all a try.
Old Jan 9th 2006, 3:30 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cantwait
Hi.

Been here now 4 weeks, the holiday period is now over so need to start earning some dollars.

Can anyone recommend any good agencies for mechanical engineers for either contract or permanent positions?

Looking for work within a 50km radius of Maroochydore if possible.

Thanks.

Pete.
Hi Pete,

Can't really recommend any seeing as they haven't been that useful in finding me a job, but have you tried the following: Skilled in Duporth Ave, East Coast in Cotton Tree and Dove on 6th Avenue in Maroochydore? I'm a draughtsman based in Coolum and besides having had a two week job in Kunda Park, there seems to be little work around these parts.

Good Luck,

Colin
Old Jan 10th 2006, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Houdini
Hi Pete,

Can't really recommend any seeing as they haven't been that useful in finding me a job, but have you tried the following: Skilled in Duporth Ave, East Coast in Cotton Tree and Dove on 6th Avenue in Maroochydore? I'm a draughtsman based in Coolum and besides having had a two week job in Kunda Park, there seems to be little work around these parts.

Good Luck,

Colin
Cheers mate, will do.