Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best ducted air conditioners

Best ducted air conditioners

Old Jul 5th 2008, 8:41 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best ducted air conditioners

Originally Posted by windsordave View Post
Hi all

There used to be a great thread here about the different types of air conditioners - with contributions from a real live air conditioning guy! But I can't find it now ... in fact theres a bunch of stuff I cant find anymore - has there been a big archiving activity or something?

Anyway, my question. We are just about to get our house fitted with ducted air con and I'm debating which brand to go with. I seem to recall that Daikin was way ahead of the rest but that's not what I'm hearing from some installers (actually all that I have spoke to!).

What are your thoughts? Anyone got any good / bad experiences with ducted?

OH and also - anyone got any recommendations for air con installers in the Redlands?

Cheers!
Dave
try contacting timber he does AC
Old Jul 6th 2008, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

windsordave is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve-O

Timber ... any thoughts? Or anyone?

Why Daikin over Fujitsu?

Ta
Dave
Old Jul 6th 2008, 8:43 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsordave View Post
Thanks Steve-O

Timber ... any thoughts? Or anyone?

Why Daikin over Fujitsu?

Ta
Dave
Have you compared the individual models you have been quoted directly...? If so then you'll know that the Daikin unit has a 1.5Kw greater cooling capacity, has a greater throughtput in litres/second, is quieter both indoor and outdoor, and can then be set for ultra quiet night mode, comes with its' own zone controller giving it 2 temperature sensing points, and finally comes with the best backup in the business.

HTH
Old Jul 7th 2008, 3:08 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DrWho View Post
Have you compared the individual models you have been quoted directly...? If so then you'll know that the Daikin unit has a 1.5Kw greater cooling capacity, has a greater throughtput in litres/second, is quieter both indoor and outdoor, and can then be set for ultra quiet night mode, comes with its' own zone controller giving it 2 temperature sensing points, and finally comes with the best backup in the business.

HTH
That explains it Dr