Best climate

Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

poz999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best climate

Hi everyone
This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right!
We (Me, my wife and baby) are applying to migrate to Australia (136 visa) and hope to go Jan 2007. Right now I am trying to find the right state and climate is right at the top of the important list.
Can anyone offer us any advice on an area that is relatively warm and dry, most of the year?
We are outdoor type of people but hate the rain. My passion is flying light aircraft and my wife horse riding. Both of which are no fun in bad weather.
Whilst on the subject of flying, has anyone any advice on the best state/city to be based for this hobby?
Many thanks
Dan
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Re: Best climate

Originally Posted by poz999
Hi everyone
We (Me, my wife and baby) are applying to migrate to Australia (136 visa) and hope to go Jan 2007. Right now I am trying to find the right state and climate is right at the top of the important list.
Can anyone offer us any advice on an area that is relatively warm and dry, most of the year?
We are outdoor type of people but hate the rain. My passion is flying light aircraft and my wife horse riding. Both of which are no fun in bad weather.
Whilst on the subject of flying, has anyone any advice on the best state/city to be based for this hobby?
Many thanks
Dan
Welcome to the forum. You're doing fine

If you don't want rain then i'd say you want to be in Perth. It does claim to have the most days of sun in any Australian city. The sun also sets over the sea for added horse riding enjoyment, on the beaches.

Last edited by leedslad; Mar 1st 2005 at 4:48 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2005, 4:56 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep Defo Perth, claims to have the weather California thinks it has,so don't forget your sunnies
Guess the plane thing you can do anywhere ?
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Many thanks
Dan
Nowhere is BOTH warm and dry all year.

WA and SA are dry and warm in the summer but are cold (and wet) in the winter.
Anywhere warm all year such as NT or QLD are wetter by far than the UK

You can't have it all.

Have you thought of the Canary Islands?

G
Old Mar 1st 2005, 7:35 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya poz999,

I would point out that if there isn't much rain then it won't be very green

I'd like somewhere warm and green. I'm going for Queensland.

Bye
Mark
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markeh
Hiya poz999,

I would point out that if there isn't much rain then it won't be very green

I'd like somewhere warm and green. I'm going for Queensland.

Bye
Mark
Bit brown round here at present,......
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:57 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Anywhere warm all year such as NT or QLD are wetter by far than the UK
But you neglected to mention that 75% of that rain falls on about 20 days of the year .

However, I will agree its hard to find somewere warm and dry, count Brisbane out if you dont like humidity for 3 months of the year!

If the OP wants warm and dry, perhaps he should try Cunnamulla or Alice Springs .
Old Mar 1st 2005, 8:57 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Many thanks
Dan

1. A place that's dry most of the year is going to be short of water and that's not too much fun. You could always try Alice Springs?

2. Two-thirds of Australia lies outside the tropics and hence summer in these parts is warmer than winter. If you want a warm winter, you'll need to accept a pretty hot and/or humid summer (eg Brisbane).

3. Within the tropics it's a little simpler in most places - hot and dry for 4-6 months of the year, hot and wet (and humid) for the other half.

4. If you like dry weather then Perth, Adelaide or Canberra will probably suit best, although bear in mind the winter is nicest in Perth compared to the other two (Canberra is cold in winter).

Jeremy
Old Mar 1st 2005, 10:35 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Simple. Coober Pedy dugout.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Simple. Coober Pedy dugout.
you don't get much dryer than that!
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:27 am
owieb

Originally Posted by Perthforme
so don't forget your sunnies
And your umbrella in winter, because it can certainly rain a lot! Expect 3-4 months of rain; tends to be more showers than constant, but I have never seen rain like it!

Old Mar 2nd 2005, 8:32 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

I`d go for Melbourne for the best overall weather, with a decent amount of green and sun. Am I wrong?
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Caloundra has a great little airport where you can learn to fly/ fly light aircraft etc!!! Ther are also lots of horse stables around.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 9:42 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Many thanks
Dan
As others have said Perth is probably the best for the climate that you are wanting.

Regards flying Jandakot Airport which is 20 mins south of Perth is the busiest airport in OZ but it is all small aircraft, lots of leaners doing circuits and there is also quite a few airfields within 2hours drive of Perth.

Horse riding i dont know much about, but from what I have heard there is a few places where you can hire a horse for an hour or so, and there is also horse beaches along the coast. 1 only 5 mins from me.
Old Mar 2nd 2005, 10:01 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Siren
Horse riding i dont know much about, but from what I have heard there is a few places where you can hire a horse for an hour or so, and there is also horse beaches along the coast. 1 only 5 mins from me.
Horse Riding is in Jadakot as well, and also near Bibra Lake iirc. Problem is most of the tracks are basically sand-pits. Not a great horseriding experience.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.