Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

best cairns broadband provider

best cairns broadband provider

Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

MichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura aboutMichPayne has a spectacular aura about
Default best cairns broadband provider

All.

We are moving to cairns Jan 9th 2010 and would like to know options for Broadband providers. I will be working in IT for the SuperGeek franchise and i would like at least ADSL2+ as i have read that cable is not available in cairns? I download a lot.. minimum of 75gb a month, more would be better. I know there are some comparison sites but i am after real world users who are maybe like minded and happy with the service that they receive..

Any takers?

Andy & Mich
Old Dec 14th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of
Default Re: best cairns broadband provider

Originally Posted by MichPayne
All.

We are moving to cairns Jan 9th 2010 and would like to know options for Broadband providers. I will be working in IT for the SuperGeek franchise and i would like at least ADSL2+ as i have read that cable is not available in cairns? I download a lot.. minimum of 75gb a month, more would be better. I know there are some comparison sites but i am after real world users who are maybe like minded and happy with the service that they receive..

Any takers?

Andy & Mich
Here you go.

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

Comparison of all ISP's across Australia with their charges, contract durations, pluses and minuses....
Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best cairns broadband provider

Get any phone number for the area you will need it and put it in here to identify the zone rating.
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/

I've used Cairns Central for this example which is the main shopping mall in the CBD area.
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/
Gives a list of who are offering ADSL2.
Then hit Plan Search on that page and play around with the filters.

Edit:
Second link didn't work so use phone number 07.4041.4111

Last edited by Bix; Dec 14th 2009 at 10:06 pm.