Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Business Banking any ideas

Best Business Banking any ideas

Old May 25th 2005, 6:00 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about
Question Best Business Banking any ideas

Hi Y'all,
has any body got a recommendation of a decent business bank, all seem to want there pound of flesh, all people i speak to seem to be unhappy. ABC have you got any tables matey prefer to pay as little as possible & want the earth to move, awaiting the reality check peeps, thanks for the help.
Old May 25th 2005, 6:02 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Best Business Banking any ideas

Originally Posted by DavidT
Hi Y'all,
has any body got a recommendation of a decent business bank, all seem to want there pound of flesh, all people i speak to seem to be unhappy. ABC have you got any tables matey prefer to pay as little as possible & want the earth to move, awaiting the reality check peeps, thanks for the help.

FWIW, We bank with St George - the guys I talk to there (Business Centre, Queen St, Brisbane) are excellent to date.
Old May 25th 2005, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Y'all,
My other half uses St George for business, having changed from Westpac. Apparently it's a lot better except for the internet banking which is a pain (NAB internet banking is also a nightmare) Sorrry not ABC calibre advice but I try!!

Last edited by Un-Co; May 25th 2005 at 6:05 am.
Old May 25th 2005, 6:16 am
ABCDiamond

I used to bank with State Bank for my business, but they aren't around any more.

Before that I used Barclays Australia, but they closed down here.

I have heard that Commonwealth are pretty good for Businesses, (everyone has to be good at something )

I can't find anything concrete to recommend any bank for business use, as it may depend a lot on how you use it, and what facilities you need.

I'd look at a local bank if I needed something at the moment, as they seem more flexible.

Old May 25th 2005, 7:38 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi David,

I checked this out & have settled with Commonwealth for the business account. I checked out most of the other banks & they all charged anything up to $20/month (I think it was NAB) just in account keeping fees :scared: . Commonwealth charge us $5/month.

Its possible that Commonwealth charges alot more than other banks for various other services, but I doubt its much difference between the banks & to be honest, they would have to charge an awful bloody lot to make up $15/month in extra fees . I didnt look in depth at charges other than the monthly fee as we dont seem to get any other charges apart from it anyway.

(So when are you going to come visit since we are so slack & havent had time to scrach ourselves?)
Old May 25th 2005, 11:04 am
Purveyor of Beaches

DavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura aboutDavidT has a spectacular aura about

Thanks guys,
I will keep lookin, thats the problem with T'internet, too much choice.
Mrs Dagboy, would love to see you, anytime over the next 3 or 4 weeks pref a Sunday would be good, or if you prefer a day out on the Sunny feel free me dear, give me a bell when your ready or send me your number again with a day to call you. Cheers

David

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Hi David,

I checked this out & have settled with Commonwealth for the business account. I checked out most of the other banks & they all charged anything up to $20/month (I think it was NAB) just in account keeping fees :scared: . Commonwealth charge us $5/month.

Its possible that Commonwealth charges alot more than other banks for various other services, but I doubt its much difference between the banks & to be honest, they would have to charge an awful bloody lot to make up $15/month in extra fees . I didnt look in depth at charges other than the monthly fee as we dont seem to get any other charges apart from it anyway.

(So when are you going to come visit since we are so slack & havent had time to scrach ourselves?)
Old May 25th 2005, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

andy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant futureandy thomas has a brilliant future

Hi Y'all,
Hi Dave,

After research I went with ANZ for my business account and took out the Cash Management Account. Ongoing fees are $3 per month and that allows you unlimited deposits and 5 withdrawals a month. To get around the limited withdrawals its easy, just use a credit card for all your business purchases then pay it off in one at the end of the month from your account whilst banking as many cheques and deposits as possible for free. Then just transfer any surplus to your personal bank account as wages so to speak.

Andy
Old May 25th 2005, 12:46 pm
Purveyor of Beaches

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Hi Dave,

After research I went with ANZ for my business account and took out the Cash Management Account. Ongoing fees are $3 per month and that allows you unlimited deposits and 5 withdrawals a month. To get around the limited withdrawals its easy, just use a credit card for all your business purchases then pay it off in one at the end of the month from your account whilst banking as many cheques and deposits as possible for free. Then just transfer any surplus to your personal bank account as wages so to speak.

Andy
Cheers Andy, Spooky, we share the same pride in Manchester & we almost share the same surname plus my brother is called Andy. Your suggestion seems interesting to boot. C'mon the blues, except on Origin night of course