British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Best Boxing Day test match ever!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/best-boxing-day-test-match-ever-698181/)

rab Dec 26th 2010 5:58 am

Best Boxing Day test match ever!!!!!

All one-way traffic the English foot firmly pressed into the gasping Aussie throat.

BRILIANT performance against the sad Aussie twats, their most diabolical day's cricket in 42 years!

Don't you just love it????

rab
McLaren Vale

deadlock Dec 26th 2010 6:22 am

Re: Best Boxing Day test match ever!!!!!

:rofl::thumbsup:

Originally Posted by rab (Post 9060690)
All one-way traffic the English foot firmly pressed into the gasping Aussie throat.

BRILIANT performance against the sad Aussie twats, their most diabolical day's cricket in 42 years!

rab
McLaren Vale

steve_kelly_and_boys Dec 26th 2010 9:58 am

just home from it

and yes it was the greatest day, once in a 20 year experiance

Beoz Dec 26th 2010 4:03 pm

rab
McLaren Vale

If you like watching a coin toss decide a test series. It'll be like watching paint dry for the next 4 days. That drop in pitch is a joke.

rootbeerfloat Dec 26th 2010 8:46 pm

For some reason, Ricky Ponting won't accept my friend request of Facebook..... :rofl:

mpgrewal Dec 29th 2010 1:24 am

I don't understand why they say that England has already won the Ashes. Still there's one match left and if AU wins it, won't the series be a draw 2-2??

Weebie Dec 29th 2010 2:13 am

Australians these days actually don't really care about cricket. Hence there were far more english fans at each test match than Australians. Apparently more people play Baseball in Australia than cricket.

Grayling Dec 29th 2010 2:21 am

Originally Posted by Weebie (Post 9064792)
Australians these days actually don't really care about cricket.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

northernbird Dec 29th 2010 2:27 am

Originally Posted by mpgrewal (Post 9064748)
I don't understand why they say that England has already won the Ashes. Still there's one match left and if AU wins it, won't the series be a draw 2-2??

As the holders England retain if it is a draw.

northernbird Dec 29th 2010 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Weebie (Post 9064792)
Australians these days actually don't really care about cricket. Hence there were far more english fans at each test match than Australians. Apparently more people play Baseball in Australia than cricket.

Sometimes you talk absolute shite. I went to the Perth test and whilst there were plenty of English voices around the place the majority of people there IMO were Australians.

quoll Dec 29th 2010 2:28 am

England hold the Ashes from the last series so in the case of a drawn series, the holders will retain them.

Hino Dec 29th 2010 2:29 am

Oh dear, yet another sad lost pom who doesn't seem to realise that they are lucky enough to be a guest in this country and should behave accordingly.

By the way.... there are two 'L's in Brilliant Einstein

DeadVim Dec 29th 2010 2:31 am

With Clarke at the helm? :rofl:

Grayling Dec 29th 2010 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Hino (Post 9064810)
there are two 'L's in Brilliant Einstein

only one L in LOSERS though:rofl:

Weebie Dec 29th 2010 2:34 am

Yeah I was at the Perth test as well In the members. Aussies were a minority all expats at the match English 4/5. If you look at Cricket crowds in Australia since the early eighties they've been on a massive decline. Cricket is not as popular in Australia like it is in England. Or it's not as popular in Australia as the english like to put it on as.