Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best beer in Australia

Best beer in Australia

Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:00 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best beer in Australia

Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

fillinghams is an unknown quantity at this point

VB
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:25 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:26 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

We really do need a vomit smilie
Old Sep 11th 2011, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Surely no one could drink a whole pint of tooheys

where's the vomit smilie?
That's what I think when you lot talk about 'real' beer
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
That's what I think when you lot talk about 'real' beer
Yes....but you have to be lacking in taste and judgement if you choose to live in Adelaide
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:23 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Alternatively you could always visit a decent bottle shop where there seems to be a shedload of interesting brews for sale. Not all fizzy, not all lager.

I was on the Fat Yak last night, very nice. (I was drinking too).
Yep, but I do not need a second mortgage.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:26 am
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Been there
I new you were a troll, this post proves it.
Pot Kettle Black comes to mind.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 8:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by fillinghams
VB
vomit smile.

Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:07 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Little Creatures is the only lager for me
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:13 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Yep, but I do not need a second mortgage.
Good for you, not sure how it relates to buying beer though, it's not all expensive. Unless you're an alkie ... Which could explain the 'bum' bit ...
Old Sep 11th 2011, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Just bottled a very nice and very dark coloured dark ale beer kit (home brew)
Had a two week in taste test very nice, did the hydrometer test just and its coming along lovely, today its giving a ABV of 5.5% on drinking time i estimate about a 6.2% ABV (hooch) content
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of the Aussie lagers the Tassie one are probably the best, they actually have a bit of flavour.

Hard to pick between Cascade (Hobart based) and Boags (Launceston based), Boags probably shades it, although Cascade do a good brewery tour if your ever down in Hobart.

I had a good Vale Ale (http://www.adelaidebiershop.com.au/p...roductid=16145) on tap in the Wooloomolloo Bay Hotel. VERY hoppy in flavour lager that one.

For those in Sydney looking for real ale you need to visit the Lord Nelson http://www.lordnelsonbrewery.com/ They have their own brewery on site with real ales pulled straight from the cask They change regularly so always worth a visit. Just don't eat there, the food is terrible, but you go for the ales

A few other pubs around the rocks do a few other good real ales as well.

I have noticed that Dan Murphy's stocks a reasonable range of British ales now. You can get the likes of Hobgoblin and Old Speckled Hen. You used to be able to get Black Sheep, but haven't seen that for a while now.

Good beer is out there, you just need to look harder than in the UK.
Old Sep 11th 2011, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

I made a better version for all the lager drinkers here
Attached Images  
Old Sep 11th 2011, 11:39 am
Banned

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Good for you, not sure how it relates to buying beer though, it's not all expensive. Unless you're an alkie ... Which could explain the 'bum' bit ...
The only decent ale is imported ale in oz which is expensive and no I am not an alcoholic, I am a young very good looking man so the girls say who has a likeness to a cheeky Adonis type beachbum.

Hop that helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.