Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Bank Acount For Perth

Best Bank Acount For Perth

Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of
Default Best Bank Acount For Perth

Hi all

Need to open bank accounts here before arriveing in Oz.

Can anyone suggest which ones would be best and what cards you get etc.

Thanks in advance

Mick
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:51 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Bank Acount For Perth

http://www.migrantbanking.co.ukWe went with these and found the whole process easy both in the UK and Perth. Got a good rate for money transfer as well.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:56 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

We opened one from the UK with Westpac (transaction account and savings account). Look for a thread started by "TechnoFreak" (might be two words), as it has all the info, phone number to call etc on how to do that from the UK.

When you phone them you get internet banking activated at the same time which is neat (means if you transfer money over, you can check it's there).

You need to choose a branch where you'll pick up your cards. We chose one in the CBD.

You get Mastercard Debit Cards and a cheque book. If you want to, you can also have Mastercard or Visa credit cards. They have a whole range of credit card options. With some you get frequent flyer points. With others they waive the annual fee and you get 55 days interest free period. Have a look on the website: www.westpac.com

I sent the branch a fax ten days before we were due to land to tell them I would be there at 10am on xxdate and I asked them to have our cards, cheque book and bankers draft ready.

It was all there when we arrived. Really handy to have the cards from day 1. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Had no problems with them at all.

Gina
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Thanks Guys, what would I do without you?

Mick
Old Jun 18th 2008, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

kanjig is an unknown quantity at this point

I opened a Migrant account with the Common Wealth bank Australia. They will transfer your Sterling to a transfer account, and you tell them when to do the final Transfer, depending on the rate. Than when you get there you got to the Migrant bank on St Georges Street to collect your cards and details