Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Australian Discovery...

Best Australian Discovery...

Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:27 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Australian Discovery...

Originally Posted by Amazulu
It was -3.4c at Jandakot airport last night. The coldest night ever in Perth. Thing is the daytime temps are great. It must have been low 20's in Kalamunda today.
We just had -3 and I think it's killed my Banana tree! :scared:
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arkon

Did you wrap it, Arkon? You need to wrap the crown with fleece or put straw around it to protect it.

My best one is top loading washing machines. OK, so they're a bit rougher on your clothes but it doesn't matter for kids stuff given they grow so fast. But I can put a massive load on and have it all done in one day, cutting my washing down to about twice a week as opposed to once day in the UK!!! (Or 5 loads on Saturday, take your pick!)
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Haigh's milk chocolate peppermint pastilles (frogs are also good, but only 10 to a packet).

Being able to park easily at the house- either on the drive or on the street.

Cycle paths galore.

Weedy seadragons when snorkelling in Port Phillip Bay
Old Jun 17th 2006, 11:56 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
That goes to show what a crap place OZ is, the cold would never kill a banana tree in the UK.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

every day but awesome things:-

sound of crickets (boy, do you know you are not in Lancashire any more when you hear them)

coming out of the cinema and it being warmer outside than inside

being able to sit outside at a cafe, watching the world go by, having a lovely coffee and not get frostbite

being able to buy kilos and kilos of FRESH prawns and not have to take out a second mortgage to do so

the view of the water at Wynnum-Manly
Old Jun 18th 2006, 4:10 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
That goes to show what a crap place OZ is, the cold would never kill a banana tree in the UK.
No but what about the lack of sunshine
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Best things. Seeing the large amount of birdlife. Seeing the roos, possums, dolphins and more. The fresh seafood especially prawns. Being able to have a cuppa first thing in the morning sitting outside. .....hmmm, there are obviously quite a few bad things too. I'm still smiling though and thanking my lucky stars even when we come across the bad things.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:08 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Gas BBQ provided at most public parks and play area's

And they are clean and dont suffer from graffiti
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:29 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Loads of them...

Clancy's Fish Pubs are excellent. Little Creatures in Fremantle, Cicerellos (spelling?) Fish and Chips in Freo, the Thai in Marmion, Taka Japanese in the CBD, Maya Indian, Fremantle, Albion Pub, Cottesloe.

Also some excellent places in the food courts.
Can second Maya Indian in Northbridge (best vindaloo in a long while) and Cicerellos in Freo - Fab chish n fips!!!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 7:33 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Know it was bloody freezing last night - had to sleep with my dressing gown on!
Mind you my friend accross the street slept in her fleece and scarf, she was that cold!

Tracey
Don't need to tell us abou tthe nightime temps!
Just spent a fortnight in a panel van with no heating!!!!!

Old Jun 18th 2006, 8:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thebears
Gas BBQ provided at most public parks and play area's

And they are clean and dont suffer from graffiti
Yes absolutely agree with this. Went to one today actually.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:32 am
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy

And where on earth have you seen a banana tree in the Uk? postcode and roadname please.
Old Jun 18th 2006, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Red Rooster
The Wollombi Tavern
The sun
And the wife likes chicken salt
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
...which cannot be found in the UK for love or money!

Available behind the bar of every Wetherspoons pub in the UK for £2.80 a double with mixer, enjoy!!!
Old Jun 18th 2006, 11:45 am
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
...which cannot be found in the UK for love or money!
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products...php?prodid=889

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.