Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

hi
Does anyone know if these codes work for Manchester to Melbourne also with Emirates? or if not are there any others for discounts?.Thanks in advance
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:45 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry no, the codes only work for flights originating in MEL and SYD. Maybe search www.google.co.uk for emirates promo codes. Someboddy on here posted a code asscoiated with Arsenal football club s while ago but it was only 3% discount. I think it was UKARS01 or similar.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you get an A380. I've done it a few times now and they kick ass over the 747's. Quieter, more room, more comfort, better entertainment.

I recommend trying to get a good price by booking separate legs. Even mixing up airlines. Say Bris - Sing return then Sing - Manc return
Old Oct 10th 2012, 10:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Make sure you get an A380. I've done it a few times now and they kick ass over the 747's. Quieter, more room, more comfort, better entertainment.
Surely this depends entirely on the airline...Airbus doesn't decide the fit out for the airline after all.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 11:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Surely this depends entirely on the airline...Airbus doesn't decide the fit out for the airline after all.
True .... I'll compare it to Qantas and BA 747's and Qantas and Singapore A380's
Old Oct 10th 2012, 11:54 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
True .... I'll compare it to Qantas and BA 747's and Qantas and Singapore A380's
Whereas Malaysian and Thai both have lower seat pitch on their A380s than their 747 fleet.
Old Oct 11th 2012, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bcworld
Whereas Malaysian and Thai both have lower seat pitch on their A380s than their 747 fleet.
Not seen a Malaysian and Thai A380 at Sydney airport. Only Qantas, Sing and Emerites
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

jacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Theyes
We are going back to the UK for a month next year (we've been back a few times), we normally fly with Qantas (for the FF points), but they are way more expensive than everybody else and the price isn't worth the FF points. We are going to be flying into Manchester and if anybody can tell me what airline they flew with and if it was good (well as good as it can be for such a long flight)

Tina
Give me a call.. I'm a home based travel agent
[email protected]
0409 992 798
Old Oct 11th 2012, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

jacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to alljacqui cameron is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jacqui cameron
[email protected]
0409 992 798
Emirates A380 ALL THE WAY !
Old Oct 11th 2012, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jacqui cameron
[email protected]
0409 992 798
No disrespect Jacqui, but I've been unable to find a travel agent who can find more competitive prices than those found booking direct with the airline. If you are an exception to the rule then that's very news to hear.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

I flew to Manc in May with Qatar Airways. They were great and flew straight to Doha, change planes in a stop over of about an hour, and then straight to Manchester.
Food was as good as Ive had on a plane and the staff were excellent.
Coming back the first leg of the flight was half empty and it wasnt full from Doha to Melbourne either. Didnt get to see much of Doha airport as it was pretty much straight off one plane and onto the next.
I have flown with Emirates/Singapore/BA/Qantas and, ahem, Olympic Airways (RIP - not missed) and Qatar were the best Ive been with.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hawk2005
I flew to Manc in May with Qatar Airways. They were great and flew straight to Doha, change planes in a stop over of about an hour, and then straight to Manchester.
Food was as good as Ive had on a plane and the staff were excellent.
Coming back the first leg of the flight was half empty and it wasnt full from Doha to Melbourne either. Didnt get to see much of Doha airport as it was pretty much straight off one plane and onto the next.
I have flown with Emirates/Singapore/BA/Qantas and, ahem, Olympic Airways (RIP - not missed) and Qatar were the best Ive been with.
I've done the London - Melb on Qatar .... agree ... they were excellent and it's the shortest UK-Oz flight I've ever been on. 21 hours from memory.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Theyes
We are going back to the UK for a month next year (we've been back a few times), we normally fly with Qantas (for the FF points), but they are way more expensive than everybody else and the price isn't worth the FF points. We are going to be flying into Manchester and if anybody can tell me what airline they flew with and if it was good (well as good as it can be for such a long flight)

Tina
wouldnt touch emirates with a barge pole 3 4 3 config on a 777. no thanks . only one airline to pick Singapore the stop in munich is nothing and far better than going to heathrow.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Qatar won Airline of the Year 2012 I think. Friends have used them and said they are really good as long as you make sure you have a short layover as Doha airport is dull.