Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Old Oct 6th 2012, 4:15 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Now that Qantas are linked with Emirates you can fly Qantas to Dubai, then Emirates into Manchester, and still get your FF points.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

TangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really niceTangoBlue is just really nice

Originally Posted by bonnie_scheidel
Fly-be go to Manchester airport. I do not know the cost but I think it is about 200.00pounds each person.
I hope that plane comes with a built in boat.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Unfortunately, the Airbus only goes to Heathrow, not Manchester and Singapore don't go direct to Manchester anymore, they go via Munich (I think or Frankfurt). Emirates have some good prices at the moment too.
I have flown out of Manchester on the airbus with Emirates ..........
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Don't the A380 have less legroom than the 777?
Try this http://www.seatguru.com/
Old Oct 6th 2012, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies............. i noticed when i was looking that Singapore Airlines are now landing at Munich, i hate taking off and landing and i would just want to get there. There are 2 other airlines that also go to Manchester, Etihad and Qatar, anybody flown with them?

Last edited by Theyes; Oct 6th 2012 at 11:47 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Shenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant futureShenni has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Best Airline to fly with back to the UK

Originally Posted by Theyes
Thanks for the replies............. i noticed when i was looking that Singapore Airlines are now landing at Munich, i hate taking off and landing and i would just want to get there. There are 2 other airlines that also go to Manchester, Etihad and Qatar, anybody flown with them?
Eithad flies into abi dabi ( probably spelt wrong ) and it is a terrible airport, if you have more than an hour stop over ...........I have flown with them and would not fly again but that is my opinion............ not sure where Qatar flies into
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:20 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shenni
Eithad flies into abi dabi ( probably spelt wrong ) and it is a terrible airport, if you have more than an hour stop over ...........I have flown with them and would not fly again but that is my opinion............ not sure where Qatar flies into
Doha
Old Oct 7th 2012, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat055 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shenni
I have flown Etihad a few times, and I agree Abu Dhabi is a bit grotty in the old area, but the new part is fine. On the plus side, we had a 9 hour stopover last time, so checked our baggage etc into left luggage, and got a cab to Ferrari World. Easy to do and a great way to spend a few hours.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:31 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates gets my vote, always serach their website by schedule not by price just to make sure you get non-stop Syd - Dubai, otherwise you might find yourself in Bangkok for a few hours. Also if flying from Sydney use this promo code to get 10% off the fare. AUSSO01

Emirates website prices seem to be about on par with agents sites, and if you need to make changes it's cheaper, so I always book directly with Emirates where possible.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Theyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to allTheyes is a name known to all

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Emirates gets my vote, always serach their website by schedule not by price just to make sure you get non-stop Syd - Dubai, otherwise you might find yourself in Bangkok for a few hours. Also if flying from Sydney use this promo code to get 10% off the fare. AUSSO01

Emirates website prices seem to be about on par with agents sites, and if you need to make changes it's cheaper, so I always book directly with Emirates where possible.
We'd be flying from Melbourne...........and i will check before i book thanks for the tip, Emirates seem to be the way to go from most people
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:31 am
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

From Melbourne use code AUMSO01 but you have to book before November 31, they may extend it but no guarantee. Just add that code into the promo code box on the Emirates website. 10% off is better than nowt ! You'll find that the direct Mel-Dubai flights are a bit more expensive that the 1-stop ( via Asia ) option advertised on most agents sites, but this discount will get you back in the right ball-park and your journey will be three hours shorter.

Last edited by spuddyo; Oct 10th 2012 at 2:34 am.
Old Oct 10th 2012, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Any codes for MAN-PER ?
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Plus Emirates has the best bag allowance...
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Any codes for MAN-PER ?
Or BNE - MAN??
Old Oct 10th 2012, 8:40 am
Spud

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Or BNE - MAN??
Sorry I only know of the Mel and Syd codes. They are codes issued by the Sydney and Melbourne Symphony Orchestra to all supporters, which is anybody really. I tried both codes today and they work fine in the booking engine at Emirates. Anybody can use them, you just need to fly from Mel or Syd.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.