Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Airline Back To Uk

Best Airline Back To Uk

Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

cazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nice
Default Best Airline Back To Uk

Hi there,
Just wondering which is the best Airline to fly back to the UK, we will are living in Canberra and are looking to fly back to the Uk, Birmingham Airport would be great!!, we are thinking of 2 weeks in Sept, also is there a "cheap season" to fly back?. We did come over with Emeriates but found them dear!. Any ideas would be welcome
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best Airline Back To Uk

Originally Posted by cazza36
Hi there,
Just wondering which is the best Airline to fly back to the UK, we will are living in Canberra and are looking to fly back to the Uk, Birmingham Airport would be great!!, we are thinking of 2 weeks in Sept, also is there a "cheap season" to fly back?. We did come over with Emeriates but found them dear!. Any ideas would be welcome
Singapore Airlines every time for me given the chance. Flew with Emirates too and wasn't impressed to be honest.

Dunno if a 'Cheap Season' exists, but will see!

Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

cazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nicecazza36 is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Singapore Airlines every time for me given the chance. Flew with Emirates too and wasn't impressed to be honest.

Dunno if a 'Cheap Season' exists, but will see!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...ys/popcorn.gif
thank you will have a look on internet at the web site x
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

elice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond reputeelice_in_oz has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you fly back after all the school hols in the northern hemisphere have finished. I would hazard a guess that flying after 15th September might be cheaper than at the beginning. It might be worth asking a travel agent to quote you on different dates either side of the 15th to give you an idea of price fluctuation at that time of year. Then you can decide if you want to go with the agent or the airline direct if you can find cheaper that way.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

On the flip side a friend in the UK is considering coming out to see me soon, £700 return! ... but that's cheap I think / thought.

Am sure we paid $2200 ea for returns before, and prob over $2 to the pound then too!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I usually find a Qantas flight from either Sydney or Melbourne (Melbourne is sometimes cheaper but about the same travel time, go figure!). I use FF points a lot! Dont go to Birmingham though, always trek through Heathrow but I wish someone would go via Stanstead, much closer to my folks!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

JetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really niceJetBlast is just really nice

Another vote for Singapore Airlines.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of lightbezzanbob is a glorious beacon of light

We are flying over in the summer on Emirates. This is our second time with them and we had a very good experience last time. We have flown Singapore - the obvious wasn't notable to us but many think otherwise.

Bezza
Old Mar 11th 2011, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
On the flip side a friend in the UK is considering coming out to see me soon, £700 return! ... but that's cheap I think / thought.

Am sure we paid $2200 ea for returns before, and prob over $2 to the pound then too!
It often seems it's cheaper to fly uk to oz return, than it is to fly oz to uk return. Has anyone ever purchased 2 singles so that the return leg is done at 'uk price' and made a saving from it?
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
It often seems it's cheaper to fly uk to oz return, than it is to fly oz to uk return. Has anyone ever purchased 2 singles so that the return leg is done at 'uk price' and made a saving from it?
2 one ways is generally more expensive. 2 returns can be cheaper though: Aus-Asia-Aus + Asia-UK-Asia.
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Personally I usually find a Qantas flight from either Sydney or Melbourne (Melbourne is sometimes cheaper but about the same travel time, go figure!). I use FF points a lot! Dont go to Birmingham though, always trek through Heathrow but I wish someone would go via Stanstead, much closer to my folks!
Air Asia. My doctor did it, from Gold Coast to KL, KL to Stansted - really happy with it.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

I love Singapore- best I've flown with internationally by far.
Happy flying!
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Emirates

direct into Birmingham Airport from Dubai.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

V Australia to Abu Dhabi then Etihad to MAN....on the same code share ticket.
Old Mar 15th 2011, 10:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

One that doesn't break down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.