Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to Australia

View Poll Results: What is the best Airline you have flown with?
Quantas
10.48%
Japan Airlines
1.90%
Singapore Airlines
45.71%
Malaysian Airlines
13.33%
Korean Airlines
0%
British Airways
5.71%
Emirates
22.86%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Best Airline to Australia

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Airline to Australia

Have only flown out here once on a one way ticket! Flew with Qantas who were very good and I would definitely use them again,
Ruth
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickyP
where do United fly through in the US? and do they fly direct into melbourne? My parents are in the US and that is where we would go back to on holidays rather than the UK. We have used US internally before but not on longhaul.
Nicky

Nicky, they fly all over the US! They have an excellent internal network in the US as well as long haul.

I have flown with United in excess of 20 different flights and the ONLY problem I have ever had with them was one of the castors on my suitcase fell off after check in!!! (the bag was pretty old and was falling apart anyway). The staff were always brilliant, food was as good as you can get on a plane, entertainment is fantastic.

I also flew Australia to UK with Lauda/Austrian and that was the WORST flight I have ever been on. The service was crap! In a 12 hour flight we got fed one snack and one meal and they came around with drinks only twice on the whole flight! Not even water was offered around.....wouldnt fly with them again!
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I have flown with Emirates about 6 times to Australia and would not use them out of choice. The planes are good and so is the service - but remember you have an extra stop in Dubai and then Singapore. Singapore, Malaysian, JAL, Cathay, Qantas/BA all have one. A shorter flight time basically.

We got special prices with Emirates at the time and the only reason we flew them is that the premium cabins were a lot cheaper than anyone elses.

As to flying via the States, I can understand if you are making a holiday out of it with stopovers in the USA (cant abide the place myself), but otherwise I really wouldnt want to add another 10 hours on my travel time!!

Having flown quite a few airlines to Australia I think Singapore are probably the best overall. Not a lot between them Malayasian and Cathay though.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have flown to Oz with
BA...Not good
Cathay Pacific...Very Good
Singapore....Very Good
Thai....Fantastic
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Flown with Thai and JAL, I think JAL were better, they upgraded us once as well.

Although i took some convincing that the tiny little man that looked like a soldier, was indeed the captain and despite being so tiny, really did know what he was doing. He looked like something from Thunderbirds. :scared:
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:40 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It would be interesting to know if those who voted for a particular airline had actually flown with any of the others.

If so I doubt if Singapore would still be at the top of the pile. IMO they are really pretty ordinary and I have flown to Australia with at least 5 different airlines

G
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:54 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

So missing from list the if you originate in the UK and fly to Sydney are;

Cathay Pacific
Gulf Air
Virgin Atlantic
Lauda
China Eastern
United
Air New Zealand
Royal Brunei
Thomsonfly
Thai International
Air Mauritius

Sorry Princess, the poll is flawed to start with! As I work for one of the above it is important to me.
Sorry to be picky but it is also Qantas without a U.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 8:58 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer

Cathay Pacific
Gulf Air
Virgin Atlantic
Lauda
China Eastern
United
Air New Zealand
Royal Brunei
Thomsonfly
Thai International
Air Mauritius

Sorry Princess, the poll is flawed to start with! As I work for one of the above it is important to me.
You picky young thing you
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:08 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

hiya sam
we've only flown with BA/Qantas and Singapore to Australia and we loved both Qantas and Singapore but i wouldn't touch BA again, only our opinion but we thought they were shite.
infact thats why we went with Singapore last year because if we booked Qantas then most of our return would of been with BA
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by jonni boy
hiya sam
we've only flown with BA/Qantas and Singapore to Australia and we loved both Qantas and Singapore but i wouldn't touch BA again, only our opinion but we thought they were shite.
infact thats why we went with Singapore last year because if we booked Qantas then most of our return would of been with BA

Going off topic a bit, I flew with Zoom airlines to Canada, never again.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:13 pm
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Going off topic a bit, I flew with Zoom airlines to Canada, never again.
some people rate BA and it could of been a one off but one bad flight can put you off for good
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:24 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer

Cathay Pacific
Gulf Air
Virgin Atlantic
Lauda
China Eastern
United
Air New Zealand
Royal Brunei
Thomsonfly
Thai International
Air Mauritius

Air Mauritius? why not Air Uganda or Air Botswana?
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by skywalker

Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:26 pm
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skywalker
Because they do not operate to / from UK. Air Mauritius do.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 10:11 pm
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
I have flown with Emirates about 6 times to Australia and would not use them out of choice. The planes are good and so is the service - but remember you have an extra stop in Dubai and then Singapore. Singapore, Malaysian, JAL, Cathay, Qantas/BA all have one. A shorter flight time basically.
This is no longer true. You can fly with Emirates direct from Dubai to Perth, Melbourne or Sydney. Granted you have to go via Singapore to get to Brisbane though.

I personally have flown with Emirates twice and found the Planes, Entertainment system, cabin crew and Dubai Airport to be excellent - My mother-in-law has travelled to to Oz every year for the last ten years and has used Emirates every time. A friend of hers on Oz who came to the UK last year has used Emirates in the past but used Qantas/BA this time. She said she would not use Qantas/BA again - she didn't find the service any good compared to Emirates.

You don't win Airline Of The Year for the last god-knows-how-many-years for nothing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.