Best Airline?

Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:53 pm
Impressive Member

lostkiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best Airline?

Afternoon all,

Bit of a subjective one I know.. but what is everyone's opinion on the best airline to fly to Oz on? given that your arse is planted in the same place for 24 hours solid - its worth a few views I reckon.

I have flown the following between London/Melb or London/Auckland and would rate in order of favorites::

1. Emirates - (couldn't fault them - good leg room)

2. United Airlines (pretty good - ok leg room)

3. BA (twice - both times big delays - and generally a bit to snobby)

4. Malaysian/Virgin - (this was in '96 so may have improved - was ok-ish)

5. Qantas (please god never again) - No leg room, apalling service, unscheduled stop in Auckland because the didn't load enough fuel!!! - 3 hours delay on Auckland tarmac... I could go on)

I would have made this a poll but - dunno how/cant be arsed.

Cheers!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 2:56 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Airline?

Everyone knows it Singapore Air

virgin on demand video and games is good if you've got kids.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:00 pm
Impressive Member

Oh and Emirates now has video on demand & games - 250 channels all up. run better seat configuration with more leg and lateral room. and also now flight the quickest route available - direct Dubai to Sydney with new Airbus.. I think.

In case anyone cares
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

If you do a search you will find a poll from not long since I'm sure. All the threads you find will conclude Singapore, also check out my thread somewhere on last couple of pages re Singapore.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:04 pm
Impressive Member

ok then. I'm begining to think I shouldn't bother.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:06 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lostkiwi
Afternoon all,

Bit of a subjective one I know.. but what is everyone's opinion on the best airline to fly to Oz on? given that your arse is planted in the same place for 24 hours solid - its worth a few views I reckon.

I have flown the following between London/Melb or London/Auckland and would rate in order of favorites::

5. Qantas (please god never again) - No leg room, apalling service, unscheduled stop in Auckland because the didn't load enough fuel!!! - 3 hours delay on Auckland tarmac... I could go on)

Cheers!

I flew with singapore airlines, they were fab

laura
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:13 pm
WBB

i am flying with BA/Qantas on tuesday, i will let you know how it goes.

i have flown previously with JAL and Sing air, both very good.

Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Williem is an unknown quantity at this point

ok then. I'm begining to think I shouldn't bother.
Singapore airlines for me.
On demand games/videos and booze.
My daughter was sick on the plane and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Qantas never again.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Williem
Singapore airlines for me.
On demand games/videos and booze.
My daughter was sick on the plane and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Qantas never again.
I've gone Sing- the best
Qantas- no never
Emirates- my friends said it was good and they were upgraded to Business!
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Will, what are you doing up at 2am?
I could ask you the same question.
I've just got back from work and feel wide awake, so just browsing.
I enjoyed the coochie meet, i haven't been on here since.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:30 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Williem
I could ask you the same question.
I've just got back from work and feel wide awake, so just browsing.
I enjoyed the coochie meet, i haven't been on here since.
Been sick this week & for some reason tonight I cant sleep .

Glad you enjoyed the meet, plans afoot to get together again soon .
Old Mar 31st 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Been sick this week & for some reason tonight I cant sleep .

Glad you enjoyed the meet, plans afoot to get together again soon .
Get well soon, you've got to organise the next meet.

I'm sure we'll be there wherever it may be.

Time to call it a night.
Goodnight.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Afternoon all,

Cheers!

Hi Lostkiwi,

We flew with Malaysian on our visit to Adelaide in September and we were very pleased with them and would certainly be happy to go with them again.
We had our two daughter ages 18 months and 3 and a half and the staff were fantastic.
There were seat back tvs, loads of films and computer games.

My brother-in-law works for BA/Qantas at Heathrow so we will possibly go with them if he can get a discount for us when we have booked our one way ticket for next year.

Kelly.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

snowhite is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew with Quantas in 2002 and I have to say I thought they were quite good .The food was lovely (and I really have something against plane food),we had great bulkhead seats and the staff were helpful.The backseat tvs were not quite as good for the children as I thought (maybe they were too young) but hubbie loved them !!!!!!!!!! (guess who got to watch every single movie and who looked after the kids ).
This time we are going with Singapore because of price and Im very pleased with everyones comments about them.
Old Mar 31st 2004, 6:25 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by snowhite
We flew with Quantas in 2002 and I have to say I thought they were quite good .The food was lovely (and I really have something against plane food),we had great bulkhead seats and the staff were helpful.The backseat tvs were not quite as good for the children as I thought (maybe they were too young) but hubbie loved them !!!!!!!!!! (guess who got to watch every single movie and who looked after the kids ).
This time we are going with Singapore because of price and Im very pleased with everyones comments about them.

Hi,

I've flown Sing, Malaysian, Qantas/BA and Thai to and from Australia.

Malaysian and Sing would be my favourite by far.

Both Qantas and Thai really lacked in entertainment, and Thai was pretty poor service as well (as in none apart from the two meals!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.