Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bendigo. Cat curfews in action!

Bendigo. Cat curfews in action!

Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:18 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Bendigo. Cat curfews in action!

Have a read....best news i've heard all day Was on the radio, so although this link is a touch old i guess the ruling has just been made official/operational.

http://bendigo.yourguide.com.au/deta...996&m=5&y=2004
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:29 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bendigo. Cat curfews in action!

Originally posted by PeteY
Have a read....best news i've heard all day Was on the radio, so although this link is a touch old i guess the ruling has just been made official/operational.

Theres a few councils do it in Melbourne, Bendigo is only the latest.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how much time the local authorities in Bendigo have on their hands.

Only last month they were thinking about making it an offence to vomit in the street.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:36 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Bendigo. Cat curfews in action!

Originally posted by PeteY

will it be enforced though? .. in my council area it is illegal to let your cats roam outside your property - but most people don't take any notice of this bylaw.. I swear most pet owners don't even know about it ( I also think you'll find most councils in the Brisbane area will have this bylaw too if you look at the local laws for your area) . I'm all for a curfew and I'm a cat owner. But there is no need to bring this curfew law in my area - they just need to enforce the laws they already have , and more importantly tell people the laws( a lot of people are unaware of these laws) they already have in place

"
Below Pine shire local law regarding cats and dogs ( all animals)

SUMMARY OF LOCAL LAW 42 - ANIMAL CONTROL

Proper Enclosures
The Local Law enforces the requirement to provide proper enclosures for animals kept on the property and this includes cats. There is also special provision protecting the welfare of wildlife that may be within a specifically declared area. Fencing is sufficient if it contains your animals on your property. If an Animal can fit any part of itself over, under or through the fence, it may not be considered as properly contained on the property.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:36 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by young_lad
I wonder how much time the local authorities in Bendigo have on their hands.

Only last month they were thinking about making it an offence to vomit in the street.

Yeah I wonder if there advertising for "Cat police" I might apply, I love working nightshift.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

young_lad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Bordy
Yeah I wonder if there advertising for "Cat police" I might apply, I love working nightshift.
Maybe there is...

Maybe the newbie policemen can only progress to 'cat police' after serving their time on 'puke patrol' on a Saturday night.

Sorry folks